05 6.0 atlas 40 ficm tune... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 6.0 atlas 40 ficm tune...

ok, iv done some searching and i cant seem to find a stright forward answer on this. i just replaced my ficm today with a stock one from international. i was looking into some tuning for it as well but im not sure it will do what the website claims so i figured id ask yall. all of the upgrades i have on my truck are in my sig. and there is a mad turbo werks stage 2 turbo in the very very near future... also, would the atlas 40 tune be my best option or maybe the atlas 80??? Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Really depends on what you plan on doing with the truck. Do you tow heavy at all? If so the atlas 80 is the highest I would run and you pushing it at that.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM

What is it that you are looking to get out of it?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:58 PM

dont tow any heavy loads.. maybe a trailer full of quads a few times a year. and just more hp/tq ya know. the more the marrier! haha
Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM

If you dont tow heavy you could do the 80. With that said I'm thrilled with my 40.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr bullet View Post
If you dont tow heavy you could do the 80. With that said I'm thrilled with my 40.
Did u notice any difference in power after adding the atlas 40?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I tried to comment on here earlier but by the looks of it, it did not submit.

I used to run the ATLAS40 and noticed gains in throttle responce and economy. My EGTs even when towing heavy were easy to manage. When doing WOT runs from a stop at the entry ramp to merge onto the hwy my egts would peak around 1400 around 80 mph. Keep in mind I run a mild performance tune on top of the FICM tune.

I recently switched over to the ATLAS80 and have noticed a sizeable gain in economy. hand calculated it shows a gain of around 1.8 mpg over the atlas40 and that is not taking into consideration the extended idling due to cold weather.

A side story to hopefully give you better insight for towing with the ATLAS80; I got into a race with a mustang GT with a full load of wood in the bed of my truck. I would estimate the amount of wood to be approx. 1/2 cord. (~2000lbs). My EGTs peaked at 1750 at 80 mph.

If you do not tow heavy (+ 8500 lbs) I would definitely say go with the ATLAS80. I personally have not tried to Herc 100 file and I am skeptical to recommend something that I personally have not extensively tested. I will say that Bill runs the Herc file on his 6.0 and does not experence high EGTs. He also does not tow anything with his 6.0l
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
I tried to comment on here earlier but by the looks of it, it did not submit.

I used to run the ATLAS40 and noticed gains in throttle responce and economy. My EGTs even when towing heavy were easy to manage. When doing WOT runs from a stop at the entry ramp to merge onto the hwy my egts would peak around 1400 around 80 mph. Keep in mind I run a mild performance tune on top of the FICM tune.

I recently switched over to the ATLAS80 and have noticed a sizeable gain in economy. hand calculated it shows a gain of around 1.8 mpg over the atlas40 and that is not taking into consideration the extended idling due to cold weather.

A side story to hopefully give you better insight for towing with the ATLAS80; I got into a race with a mustang GT with a full load of wood in the bed of my truck. I would estimate the amount of wood to be approx. 1/2 cord. (~2000lbs). My EGTs peaked at 1750 at 80 mph.

If you do not tow heavy (+ 8500 lbs) I would definitely say go with the ATLAS80. I personally have not tried to Herc 100 file and I am skeptical to recommend something that I personally have not extensively tested. I will say that Bill runs the Herc file on his 6.0 and does not experence high EGTs. He also does not tow anything with his 6.0l
Well im going yo be running a pretty big tune (175hp over stock)
So im going to look into the atlas 80 more.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

What method are you using to load the tunes into your FICM?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM

I currently run the Atlas 40 in conjunction with Vivians Looney and love it. Prior to that I ran the Hercules 100 in conjunction with the SCT canned performance tune. I love the throttle response and ability to keep the EGT's under control. Now that I think about it, im going outside to load the 80 and see how it goes.

GPDA Member...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.