Review on Warren Transmisson - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Review on Warren Transmisson

well just got the tranny up and in my bros truck. after we got the fluid in it and ran it through the gears on jack stands we hit the road

First thoughts were that it shifted great! alittle firm but to be expected with more clutches and a fresh relearn. torque converter locks very nicely and truck seems to pull alot harder than the crappy stocker. We have only got 50 or so miles on it but we have ran it from light throttle to full throttle and it hits the gears every time very nice crisp and firm! let me add that the trans tune isnt updated yet for this tranny so it should get even better with the correct tranny tune. we do have 175/75 in the truck as well and have laid down 470 on the dyno with the stock trans and plan to get new numbers with this built unit! overall so far it seems as if it will handle anything we are going to throw at it between towing, dd, and racing. will update it after the weekend of pulling through hills and then after we get it on the dyno for live tuning at TSD! if there are any questions please feel free to ask and ill do my best to answer them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

I knew they did transmissions, but what transmission did you get or if they modify yours, then what all did they do? I'm curious as to what was done and was it done for specific purpose?

It's always good to hear/read great reviews like this.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:15 AM

i had him build me one from a core and ill send him mine back. he completely guts them and starts fresh! we got the fully built one with more and upgraded clutches. also got a triple disk converter with whatever stall i wanted. the purpose was to just get a tranny under the truck that we could trust and for the price shipped to the door i was one i couldnt pass up. ford wanted 3k for a stock replacement and for another 800 i got a fully built one under it so it was a good deal!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So you got a triple disc converter from Warren also? so was the $3800 the total with the built trans and converter or just the trans?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pretty sure it's the whole thing. I know when I called and spoke with Andy, he quoted me a price right in line with that for everything (minus the cooler of course).
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What type of truck does your bro have?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunagan View Post
i had him build me one from a core and ill send him mine back. he completely guts them and starts fresh! we got the fully built one with more and upgraded clutches. also got a triple disk converter with whatever stall i wanted. the purpose was to just get a tranny under the truck that we could trust and for the price shipped to the door i was one i couldnt pass up. ford wanted 3k for a stock replacement and for another 800 i got a fully built one under it so it was a good deal!
What's the warranty on it? Yrs? Miles?

Sent from my phone
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
So you got a triple disc converter from Warren also? so was the $3800 the total with the built trans and converter or just the trans?
I read that as Ford wanted $3K...idk though. Either way it's always nice getting deals from guys like them.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
I read that as Ford wanted $3K...idk though. Either way it's always nice getting deals from guys like them.
Yeah i saw that. But he said that for $800 more than stock...he got a built trans. Was just curious if the converter was included in the price.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah i saw that. But he said that for $800 more than stock...he got a built trans. Was just curious if the converter was included in the price.
Gotcha!! I'm curious myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.