how to use ARCHOIL- - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how to use ARCHOIL-

Im getting ready to switch from dino oil to synthetic and do the Archoil treatment. While reading up on their web site I came across this- "Treat engine with 16oz of AR9100 at any time before an oil change to start the cleaning process immediatley even if you only have 500 mile left before a scheduled change. The balance of the AR9100 will be on hand for the next oil change".
So my question/concern is, when I do the first treatment can I leave it in the truck for 5000 mile or possibley more? Or does it "stir up to much trash and should be flushed fairly soon?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have always used synthetic oil since my first oil change on my truck and I have had my truck since new with only 4 miles on it from the dealer so I don't know if this will help or not but when I first switched to Rev-X, I also switched from 15w40 to 5w40 and then added the revx at that time. When I did my next oil change after that, I still used 5w40 but instead of using revx this time, I used Archoil. I guess I said all that to say that I recommend just draining the oil in the truck when it is good and hot (so you get as much out as you can), then put in the synthetic oil and the Archoil and then just keep going with it for all future oil changes. Unless you wanted to get two 16oz bottles of the stuff, I wouldn't add it in with your current oil to just get rid of it when you swap over to synthetic. Hope this helps.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you it does help. Just wanted to pick over some other's brains in case I over looked or over thought something (wouldnt be the first time Ive done that!!!)
Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've used Ar9100 and rev-x alot in the last few years. I've always installed it when doing the oil change...even from the first time using the stuff. I've been running a 5w-40 synthetic for nearly 8 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.