Any comments or thoughts on the Quadzilla products - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any comments or thoughts on the Quadzilla products

I am looking at a tuner for my 06 ,6.0 , and I see a lot of companies out there. I came across Quadzilla Xzillaraider 2 $253.20, the price is nice ,but any thoughts.?? I seen on Google a lot of post from (sorry) the Cummings clan ,and been good word , but haven't seen anything on the Powerstroke world . Any thought and suggestions would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
For the 6.0L, the SCT tuner with custom tunes is the best bet. Anything else will be substandard and could cause problems with your transmission because the SCT is the only device that can tune the 5R110.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll piggy back on with what shawn said. For the 6.0 there is really only one tuning device worth running on it and that is the SCT. As Shawn mentioned it can tune the transmission so it can handle the extra power being required of the motor and it is the only tuner to allow you to change your motor's configuration in the future and accomodate the upgrades. Just take it from someone who has ran the SCT and "other tuners" and is still running the SCT. Hope this helps man.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks, for the input so far, is it the 3015 model sct , or the livewire? I use to get 14.4 pulling a 53ft wedge trailer ,and since the oil and egr coolers let go and the dealer worked on it , it some how got derated. and I can't get better than 9.6 towing .
Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Yes I would get the 3015 (SF3) model and then do something else for gauges/monitoring and I would get custom tunes for it. You're not going to want to stick with the canned tunes forever if you want the most potential from your truck.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

I would contact Bill at PHP before you tune it and have your FICM and ECM strategy rolled back to help with your mileage. That's why it has went down, when Ford did the work they reprogrammed the truck. Get the strategy fixed and then get your custom tunes.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:26 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When I was using a Quad module it had better low end than my SCT tuning. I even had a SCT tranny only tune for awhile with good results. Currently all the SCT tuning changes and FICM tuning has been worlds above what was out years ago.

I currently run TSD SCT tuning with PHP Atlas 40 with no complaints.

Using an SCT with a FICM tune is your best option. As posted get the PCM/FICM roll back tuning for best results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.