6.4 Banjo Bolts and Blue Spring? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 Banjo Bolts and Blue Spring?

Hey guys i dont post much on here just read around and gather want i can but i have a 2003 6.0 SCT Xcal2 been on the truck since 06 custom tunes from innovative just ordered the livewire ts two days ago. I am not studded or egr, I think im having fuel problems and was wondering what the advantages of having the 6.4 banjo bolts and blue spring mod are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The blue spring is highly recommended. As for the 6.4 banjos, there are mixed opinions. Do a search and make your own decision.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

I would do the blue spring whenever you can. The Banjo Bolts are not something I'd wake up on a Saturday morning and go: "Alright, today's the day for new Banjo Bolts". It's more of a thing like "well since I'm into it this far I may as well go ahead and do it.

k
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoyner View Post
I would do the blue spring whenever you can. The Banjo Bolts are not something I'd wake up on a Saturday morning and go: "Alright, today's the day for new Banjo Bolts". It's more of a thing like "well since I'm into it this far I may as well go ahead and do it.

k
Agreed! Honestly just stick with the ones that were designed for the 6.0, there is no performance gain of adding 6.4 banjo bolts. As said above though, do the blue spring ASAP and monitor the fuel psi. Last thing you want to be doing is replacing injectors because you didn't monitor your fuel psi!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just because we can't figure out why something was made a certain way by an engineer is not a reason to "reinvent the wheel". Had a bud that got rid of his banjos but he added his own checkvalves to the tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-23-2012, 08:24 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just asked this on the other thread,

did he test for any gains, why go through the trouble and expense when there are no gains to be had when swapping.

again, you will gain nothing by swapping to the 6.4 bolts.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the 6.0 have check valves or something in them where the 6.4 banjos have no check valves and have 4 holes where 6.0 ones have 2 if i remember correctly. its not really a perf gain thing, more of a peace of mind knowing that accompanied by the blue spring update your injectors are getting fed as much fuel as they possibly can with nothing hindering the flow. they take no time to swap out and they are fairly cheap. my two cents

btw, if your having fuel related issues, i wouldnt think the blue spring is gonna fix anything. what makes you think your having fuel issues? do you have a fuel pressure gauge? how old are your fuel filters and are you using motorcraft? just some ideas to throw out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.