SCT Livewire TS Setup Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Livewire TS Setup Help

Hey guys I just opened my new livewire ts and the sticker on screen says to check for update first. I went to sctflash.com and downloaded the 12/17/12 file to my laptop.

I plugged in the livewire ts and it wont detect the device. Am I missing something? It doesn't have a manual and one isn't available on website.

I was under impression it came with stock tunes and could be loaded with custom tunes after. It will turn on when plugged into laptop but will not detect. I have registered it and have the confirmation email from sct.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
See if these help any.

How to Manually update the FW & Tune Rev on Livewire 9600/9621/9625 - SCT SupportSuite

SCT Instruction Manuals - SCT SupportSuite
Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 AM

The software download is there but it says no firmware update available. when I open sct updater on my laptop it says to connect device before starting and it wnt detect device at this point. What drivers should i see on computer for sct livewire ts 5015.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This link says there are no updates available.

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Correct........I attempted to update mine yesterday, and got the same message........There has been a software update for the SCT Updater software, but the unit itself, has no current updates.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM

The TS wouldnt connect to my laptop. I tried it on my desktop and worked like a charm. Is there anyone that can point me in the direction to fix this issue? I put a micro sd card in and want to save everything on it is this possible? Also is there anyway to customize guages displayed or only the preset items?

I am getting custom tunes from innovative monday. I tuned my 07 6.0 f250 harley davidson edition today. OMG!!! SCT Livewire TS is for real. With just a canned street tune my truck broke free at third gear shift.

SCT livewire ts for 6.0 liter is the only way to go.
Thanks guys for help.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM

Have you downloaded the drivers, and installed the SCT update software on the laptop?? Also are the computers(laptop/desktop) running the same version of Windows??

What are you wanting or trying to save to the SD card??

As far as I know you can not customize the gauges..........but you can change what is being displayed by double tapping each gauge. Also in the settings there are a few different layouts you can choose from.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I also had an issue where the laptop was not reading the device...as soon as i downloaded the sct software and not until i opened the sct software did the device sync to the laptop...i dont know if that helps your issue...or if i explained it well enough....
Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 PM

I was looking to save stock setup on it from truck but doesnt seem to ask you for that option when it saved it to the TS. No big deal.

The double tap option is what I was looking for on the gauges. Thanks for that man.

I downloaded the updater and the livelink software. I will try to sync it with the livelink open soon.

I have windows 7 on both machines. Was odd that it detected the TS right away on desktop and not laptop. Still looking for a setting or something that needs to change.

thanks fellas. Any new info is greatly appreciated. Happy holidays.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Tried to connect TS to laptop with livelink and updater openand still wont detect device. The search continues.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
livewire, livewire ts, programmer, sct, tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.