Magnaflow D-Fit kit Opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Magnaflow D-Fit kit Opinions

Looking at maybe doing something with my exhaust. I found the Magnaflow D-fit kit, which is nothing more than a straight through resonator/muffler that bolts up in place of the stocker, and you get a 5" clamp tip. For about $275. Seems a bit high for "muffler" b/c I"m not going to use a 5" clamp on tip... probly reuse my stock clamp on tip. I don't want to mess with anything foward of the cat. so a full cat-back would be it. But I DO NOT want the polished out systems.... they get you pulled OVER! Been there done that. I like the stock looking style exhaust. Hence why the D-fit caught my eye.

For $275, I'm sure I could have a muffler shop weld in a resonator in place of the muffler for a lot cheaper. Am I right?? or am I off in left field. Looking to get a bit more noise overall, some whistle and maybe help lower my EGT's.

Does anyone know if our stock mufflers are "straight through" design, just extremely huge?

*** Just noticed Magnaflow offers a 4" SS cat-back kit, that is not polished, no tip, for a bit over $400. My other option vs the D-fit or having a shop eliminate the muffler.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 10-30-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
just saw your edit... iwas gonna say for a lil higher you can get a full 4" TB exhaust
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 PM

Yeah... looks like if/when I do an exhaust I'll do the "pro" series magnaflow. 4", cat-back, for about $400. Polished exhausts SCREAM "I'm aftermarket, pull me over". Had a turbo supra with a SS Japanese Tanabe 3" system. quietest exhaust I've heard, sounded stock. Got pulled over all the time.... "your moofler is illegal boy". But if it was regular finish... never would of had problems.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Yeah... looks like if/when I do an exhaust I'll do the "pro" series magnaflow. 4", cat-back, for about $400. Polished exhausts SCREAM "I'm aftermarket, pull me over". Had a turbo supra with a SS Japanese Tanabe 3" system. quietest exhaust I've heard, sounded stock. Got pulled over all the time.... "your moofler is illegal boy". But if it was regular finish... never would of had problems.
ya.....but ur in man-truck now, not a race car. all the cops around here just like lookin at trucks unless they get a call for one mudding in a farmers field. you'll be fine with shiney if you want it

.........got my SS exhaust installed today, its the PRO series SS Magnaflow Turbo-back system. You really wouldn't see enough of the tip for it to look fancy or flashy. Look under the truck and all that SS does look nice tho! I would recommend somin other than MagnaFlow, i loved the way my truck ran on the way home, but the downpipe install was retardly difficult. My buddy put a 5" MBRP turbo back system on his 7.3 excursion and it fit up fairly easy, the 4" downpipe for this 6.0 was ignorantly tight with the bends on the pipe! I would get MBRP if I were to do it all over again.

Last edited by eazenutz33; 10-31-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.