Who's Running 175's _ ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who's Running 175's _ ?

I"m about to begin the journey of programming for 175's 75's with a Hybrid and would like to know who if anyone is running 175's Stk - 100's and what Turbo and Programming.

With all the chatter about Injectors and Nozzles maybe someone has a successful build their happy with.

D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Im running 175/75s as you know... Im loving my current setup.. It doesnt have a turbo LOL

Gonna be getting a Hybrid by next weekend HOPEFULLY and will keep you updated

EDIT!!!!

I just found out YOU are running the same setup as me before me... I need YOUR coments
Tell me if its too smokey.. please!
I need a tow tune that I can almost WOT (or atleast 75% throttle) and have no or very minimal smoke... Is that turbo gonna make that possible???

I would LOVE to know that sometime next week

Last edited by Six0~Stroker; 12-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Sub'd. I hope you guys get after this because ill have my hybrid and 175/50s up and running around the first of the year. I'd love to be able to poach somebody's tunes. I do have a first rate shop with a dyno just 10 miles from me and my setup will probably hit the rollers there.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM

I'm running 175/stock with a stage 2 billet wheel and I'm running Matt's 8k tow zero smoke and pulls like hell.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM

I have been running Eric's XXX Viv's Looney Wild and now have fuel pulled from both to try.

My Truck wasn't running clean but never hit 30 PSI either, so with this new hybrid spooling like a banshee and supposedly making 35 and holding 30 it should be a different world.

My only complaint with my previous setup was it didn't totally clean it up, I"ll know and share tomorrow - Sunday as a make a few hundred mile runs North to Ok and back to Txass.

D
Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
175/75 with powermax for now and tunes from gearhead an tsd.

Im happy with it for now. still a little smokey and hot but plans to correct it soon.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
I"m about to begin the journey of programming for 175's 75's with a Hybrid and would like to know who if anyone is running 175's Stk - 100's and what Turbo and Programming.

With all the chatter about Injectors and Nozzles maybe someone has a successful build their happy with.

D
I have 190/75s and a powermax. Its clean unless the pedal is on the floor, very small amount of smoke if I nail it when cruising, but not bad. I also am running a stock fuel system and with my current tune that I am running, I will drop to about 48 or so PSI. I have not had a chance to tow with this setup as yet, but maybe soon I will hook the camper on, or find a trailer to test it with that would be easier than getting the camper out.

oh, I am running my tunes, lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 PM

I am also still fighting the shift to OD with light throttle and then getting it to down shift with out using tow/haul to force it.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm running 175/30's. Adrian and I worked out a deal for some machine work, and a hybrid is in the works, should perhaps have it on and running in the next month or so. Stock turbo still runs its *** off comparatively, I can hit 33psi at half throttle, lol (rolled into with Tc locked), but seems to hold it really well. That's with looney wild, tweaked slightly, and Hercules ficm tune loaded. It gets hot quick with the stock charger, but the response with the herc tune is great, I'm ecstatic to try the hybrid out. I'll try to get some dyno numbers before and after the hybrid. I'm curious to see what vivian comes up with for hybrid tuning. Mine came from warren diesel, and I couldn't be happier with them.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm running 175/Stock and testing a MTW Tweaked Stage 1 along with Vivian's Looney Wild Track file written for my 175's and stock charger. With the stock charger I could easily hit 37 psi and then my boost gauge broke it said this is no bueno lol. My egt's with the stock charger would sky rocket to 1800-1900+ easily on a WOT run. Now with this turbo (still waiting on a new boost gauge to verify) I can easily peg the OEM sensor out at max and hold it there with this tune. Also my egt's with the tweaked stage 1 it struggles to climb above 1650 on a WOT run to 100+. I am experiencing some surging with this turbo but if you go to my review thread you will see that I think I may have a solution that needs to be tested, but it may help. If not Bill @ PHP is confident he can get rid of the surging and get the most out of this combo possible.

Overall I'm happy with this combo, the turbo really awakens the beast within when paired with these injectors. I have plans to eventually run a billet stage 2 with these injectors, but will be testing a new version of the hybrid for Adrian before that then selling it back for an upgrade to a stage 2 that will stay on the truck until I get bigger injectors and build the truck to need a larger charger than a stage 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.