Atlas 40 with SCT tunes after FICM tune? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,213
Thanks: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Atlas 40 with SCT tunes after FICM tune?

For anyone who has had the Atlas 40 tune.

Are any of you running a SCT tune with it?

I'm hoping tunes from folks like Vivian or Eric or Matt have not had any issues or tune rewrites because of the Atlas 40. (or any other FICM tune)

Or, does it matter?

I have the Atlas 40, and am leaning toward tuning from an SCT Xcal 3.

Did a mess up going FICM first, then to SCT stacking on top of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 18,102
Thanks: 74
Thanked 121 Times in 112 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am not running FICM tuning but am planning on it in the near future.
I have done much research and have seen many guys running the combo together without issues.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't even matter and the tunes don't even need to be re-written on the SCT for the ficm tuning. But even if they do, you did the right choice anyways by getting the Atlas 40 first. Now, just tell the tuner that you have a FICM tune and they will modify anyhting if needed.

I AM sure that you will have no issues making it work together though as MANY guys are running this exact setup and love it. Better throttle response from ficm tuning and good HP on the top end from the SCT

Get that SCT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sacramento
Posts: 2,097
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
I am not running FICM tuning but am planning on it in the near future.
I have done much research and have seen many guys running the combo together without issues.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't even matter and the tunes don't even need to be re-written on the SCT for the ficm tuning. But even if they do, you did the right choice anyways by getting the Atlas 40 first. Now, just tell the tuner that you have a FICM tune and they will modify anyhting if needed.

I AM sure that you will have no issues making it work together though as MANY guys are running this exact setup and love it. Better throttle response from ficm tuning and good HP on the top end from the SCT

Get that SCT


^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Mod Newbie


 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,725
Thanks: 6
Thanked 114 Times in 107 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a buddy who runs the Atlas 80 with Matt's SRL tunes and loves it. He didn't have to have anything rewritten. Also has the BPD 58v FICM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houma, La
Posts: 374
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im completely stock ecxept a Swamps 58V FICM. I went with the FICM tuner from PHP and flashed my Ficm with the Atlas 40 tune. As described in other threads the truck started better, idled smoother, and had improved throttle response. Just last week i received my SCT X3 from vivian with tunes. Im currently running the looney tune and love it. The turbo lag was the most notable improvement that I noticed right off the back. The truck feels like it has more power. I cant yet give any real feedback on the effects on MPG as I cant keep my foot off the accelerator. Give me about three weeks for the wow factor to wear off and i'll update you on MPG. I can tell you this for sure.........my tires hate this set up! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 18,102
Thanks: 74
Thanked 121 Times in 112 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboy70363 View Post
Im completely stock ecxept a Swamps 58V FICM. I went with the FICM tuner from PHP and flashed my Ficm with the Atlas 40 tune. As described in other threads the truck started better, idled smoother, and had improved throttle response. Just last week i received my SCT X3 from vivian with tunes. Im currently running the looney tune and love it. The turbo lag was the most notable improvement that I noticed right off the back. The truck feels like it has more power. I cant yet give any real feedback on the effects on MPG as I cant keep my foot off the accelerator. Give me about three weeks for the wow factor to wear off and i'll update you on MPG. I can tell you this for sure.........my tires hate this set up! LOL


People wonder why my Toyo M/T tires are getting so low....im like


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,732
Thanks: 93
Thanked 189 Times in 152 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've got the Gryphon FICM programmer, I've tried the Atlas 40, Atlas 80, and Hercules combined with Matt's, Eric's and Vivian's without issues.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houma, La
Posts: 374
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
People wonder why my Toyo M/T tires are getting so low....im like


This is my first diesel and I am really impressed with how well these truck run. I could only imagine how impressive a set up like yours and some of the others out there feels. Im trying to save for all my bullet proofing before I do any other modifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoMD/Yorktown, VA
Posts: 544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
Get that SCT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got the PHP ficm tuner before i got my livewire ts from innovate. truck ran a lot better with teh ficm tuner, but even more so now with the livewire fron innovate. Im running the atlas 80 with extreme street and i hav no issues other then boiling the four 315/70's out back..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors