How to buy SCT Tuner.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to buy SCT Tuner....

OK... I am going to pull my Edge JP w/ Att out of my truck and buy the MSD DashHack and a SCT custom tune. The Edge is a nice unit, but I want more power (yes my heads are studded) and I can't get the tranny to shift as well as I would like. Question, can I buy the SCT from a tuner and have the unit sent to me ready to load with the custom tunes?

I only want two (2) tunes, tow w brake (will tow up to 10-12K on occasions) and a "hot" tune. Whatever "hot" tune I get I want it to kill the performance of the Edge unit!!!!!

Who do you guys reccommend and what tune(s). Whatever "hot" tune I get will be my daily driver... not really concerned about fuel economy. Getting right at 12-13.5 now.. so a mile here or there isnt going to crush the bank account.

Thanks
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Conservative and Proud

Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have read alot about this and and I like the sound of Innovative but other choices are DJ's performance and Elite diesel.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Ditto on the above,
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

I don't know if Elite is a good choice right now. From what I've heard some of those guys split up and the company is in turmoil. Besides their tuning is more expensive and I haven't heard anyone rave about it. If you pay close attention, there are two tuners that you hear about all the time. There is a third out there that's on the rise and that's Spartan.

DJ's are good people and can get you what you want. I personally run Innovative's tunes. It was more of a local preferrence for me since Eric lives about 30 miles away from me and he frequents our local dragstrip. Either of these two won't do you wrong. You get three tunes with Innovative, but none of the xtremes unless you pay extra. I believe that DJ's will give you unlimited tuning, but don't quote me on it. You need your tow tune, a good hot street tune and a race tune if you want to kick some arse. Some people don't like to run the all out race tunes on the street. They aren't very friendly for stop and go driving.

One thing that I've learned in my brief time with SCT tuning.......you can't have too many tunes! Every truck responds just a little differently to each tune so what works for me may not work for you.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:33 AM

Brian, why buy the dashawk when you already have the Attitude to monitor your vitals? Can't you use the Attitude Monitor and down load the SCT program of choice, while setting the juice at 0? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I thought there were some folks that were doing that.

Moon
Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Does the dash hawk come with everything like the egt,and trans sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.