Sct livewire ts advise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sct livewire ts advise

So I am getting ready to order my sct livewire ts with innovative diesel custom tunes for my 07 6.0. I am just wondering if anyone has had any issues with this product haven't seen any bad things about it but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered it. I am new to the sct world I currently have a edge evolution which I am told doesn't hold a candle to the sct. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Brent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 AM

I have had my Livewire TS for a couple weeks now. Got mine from innovative as well. I love it. tunes are awsome and the new TS does so many things.. Best way to go IMO.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The 3 people that I know that have an SCT Livewire have all had problems with theirs. In my opinion, don't get it. Buy a monitoring device like the Edge CTS and then buy the SCT X3 Programmer. It's more expensive to do that, but two of the guys that I know had their truck lock into a tune and they couldn't get it to free up without having to send their LiveWire into SCT (which SCT has GREAT customer support from what I hear from them).

This is just my opinion of course. I have never owned a LiveWire personally. One of the guys I'm speaking about is my Vice President, Matt Wilbur. He works for Adrian (MAD Turbo Werks). His username on here is MWilbur516. Shoot him a PM and he can go over in detail his experience with them. One of the other guys that I'm talking about is my Treasurer - Nathan, his username is Bubba88.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Thank you for your input, did those three people that had problems have the new TS or the older one?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Premium Member

Now I dont KNOW this, but the old TSX and the new Livewire TS look strangely similar...

I had nothing but problems with the old TSX that has since been discontinued.

IMO the CTS is the only comprehensive data monitor on the market, although I have heard and read good things about the DashBoss... I prefer to have a dedicated data monitor in my truck all the time. Using my phone for a data monitor is really not an option.. for me anyways.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Beeler View Post
Thank you for your input, did those three people that had problems have the new TS or the older one?
To be honest, I don't have a clue. I would venture to say that it was the older version - mainly because these guys both had their LiveWire since last year (2011). I'm not sure when the "new" versions came out.

If you PM both of them, they'll talk things over with you. The third guy I know isn't a member on this site - but I work with him. He's got a 6.4, and he can't change his tune at the moment. I've told him what to do, but he's a bit lazy and doesn't mind the tune he's stuck in I suppose. Haha!

Just a side note, he's looking at getting rid of the LiveWire and getting an H&S Minn Maxx. So if you're still interested in a LiveWire - his will be refurbished (I think that would be the correct term) from SCT very soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude, buy a ts, I have one and its worlds better than the old versions, the current livewire ts launched about 2-3 months ago, so its very new. Is it better than the edge cts? I don't know, I liked that the ts is aol in one, and it holds 10 tunes. You can wire in virtually any sensor to monitor anything with the analog input adaptor. My only initial complaint was the lack of manual, and the screen is a bit finicky to get used to the feel of it, after 20 minutes playin with it though even that's not a big deal. There were some initial programing bugs that got all worked out within the first week of release.

Here, read this, tells you absolutely everything you need to know about it, although its long thread now.
Anybody using the new live wire ts 5015 yet?

If you have any other questions about it ask away, or pm me. Thanks and good luck, I highly recccomend it. You get the benefit of custom sct tunes with a monitoring system all built in, and its expandable to whatever youd like to monitor. I think you can ad 7 analog inputs, plus egt sensor. I also added fuel pressure.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would also just add that the obd2 code reader aspect of it is marginal, I mean it works fine, just diesnt show any more codes than a crappy advance auto reader would I don't think. Some other tuners might have it beat slightly there, but really for any real diagnostic work I'd be using something like auto enginuity anyway, or any real scan tool for that matter. The ts is good for clearing codes and all though.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Has anyone seen any kind of dash or pillar mount availible for it yet. Just don't want it to look like a garmin navigation is left out when I park it. Mabey i can make my evo dash mount work and look half way decent. Again thank you all for your opinions I appreciate it.
Brent.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Premium Member

If you tuck it in close to the grab handle on the dirvers side its not really that visible from the outside of the truck. But if the windshield mount is anything like the one for the old TSX you will want to find another way to mount it...

Not to but in my opinion the CTS is a much better dedicated data monitor. Trust me its worth the extra $$...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.