Educate me on the Gen2 EGR Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Educate me on the Gen2 EGR Delete

I am getting ready to tear into my truck sometime in early January. I am looking at doing a EGR delete, oil cooler replacement, and SCT fitting upgrade. I have started to collect parts for it and was looking at EGR deletes.

Why is this delete better than a lot of the time tested ones out there? It also says it eliminates the oil cooler housing water jacket. Long term would this be an issue? Any education you guys can give me on this would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just installed mine today, the gen 2 is a true ONE PIECE dsesign, it is a cast piece that has been machined to connect the coolant ports for a leak proof design. it is a very nice peice. it does replace the oil coller coolant housing which is also a two piece design with a o ring seal.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just take 2 freeze plugs and hammer them into both ends of the cooler its much cheaper and works very well. My brother and I have it on our trucks. I have several thousand on my since being done works great
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 PM

Just installed the IPR delete on my truck 2 weeks ago. It is a superior design to the other deletes. No hoses or orings that will leak. Not the simplest job to do but if you are mechanically inclined go for it. I also did the STC fitting from IPR and a factory oil cooler while I was in there. The toughest job was the intake manifold off. The wiring harnesses was the issue. I had to disconnect and remove the FICM and ziptie the harness forward to access the intake manifold. Good luck on your project.

BB WOLF
Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I remove the ficm harness altogether when the intake has to come off. not worth fighting around it and you risk damaging injector connectors
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 PM

I take mine out to much easier and less worry. that intake manofold is s pain to get out and in.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Emergency Services

My plan is to take 2 days and tear it all down so I can do a oil cooler swap and SCT fitting. Plus I want to get the intake manifold off and clean it since it will not crap flowing through it anymore after the egr delete. I plan on getting a new up pipe also to get the scoop out of there. I will have 2 other guys that want to help and access to a diesel mechanics toolbox and a heated garage/barn. I want to do it right, plus I love wrenching on my truck.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM

IF YOU DO THE GEN 2, folow the directions, and make sure everything is seayed and snug all around before torquing.... i just undid the first 2 injectors and the harness had plenty of room for the intake to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.