nozzles for a 190 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nozzles for a 190

OK I am going to start off by saying I know this is probably going to start a huge debate so please do not let it get out of hand or I will have mitch close the thread. Next month I will be ordering bigger injectors for my truck and sending my ficm to Ed. I know that I am going with a 190 but the question I have is is a 150 nozzle too big for a 190. I know almost everybody runs a 100 nozzle with a 190 but I also know of one guy on this forum that ran a 190/150 and a 190/100 and said the 150 ran away from the 100. Hoping to hear some more opinions. The reason I am looking at the 150 nozzle is i have future plans for bigger injectors that will need a 150 nozzle so this way I will only be buying the nozzles one time.

2004.5 Mods: CTS, Lots Of Gauges, 7 inch Stack, ARP Studs, Tuned by Eric, SAP Diesel Full Fuel System, WEP Ported Intake Manifold, Mechman Alt, BPD 6 Phase Ficm, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Oil Bypass, Warren 350cc conventionals, SAP Diesel/Warren Diesel Twin Pump Kit, SAP Diesel Triple Turbos and SAP Diesel Trans in Progress.

www.sapdiesel.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
OK I am going to start off by saying I know this is probably going to start a huge debate so please do not let it get out of hand or I will have mitch close the thread. Next month I will be ordering bigger injectors for my truck and sending my ficm to Ed. I know that I am going with a 190 but the question I have is is a 150 nozzle too big for a 190. I know almost everybody runs a 100 nozzle with a 190 but I also know of one guy on this forum that ran a 190/150 and a 190/100 and said the 150 ran away from the 100. Hoping to hear some more opinions. The reason I am looking at the 150 nozzle is i have future plans for bigger injectors that will need a 150 nozzle so this way I will only be buying the nozzles one time.

That answers your question right there Gary. Personally I think that 150's are overkill for a 190. It is likely gonna smoke pretty good till you get some boost going and every time you go to accelerate. With the end goals you have though and based on the above go for it.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The bad part about big nozzles is that you can't control them near as easily. Smaller nozzles can be tuned much easier. Why not just install the big injectors now? If I'm gonna rip into my engine, I'm sure not going to do it twice. Do it once, do it right.

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro

Last edited by SickStroke6.0; 11-30-2012 at 05:29 AM.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
The bad part about big nozzles it that you can't control them near as easily. Smaller nozzles can be tuned much easier. Why not just install the big injectors now? If I'm gonna rip into my engine, I'm sure not going to do it twice. Do it once, do it right.
Ding Ding DIng ^^^^^ winner. Do the injectors once. Tune them down to save the other parts for now until you get the installed.

Custom tuning for your 1994-2010 Powerstroke Diesel
Full line of performance products for all brands of diesels
05 King Ranch with some stuff on it.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

I agree, just get the bigger injectors right away. It will save you time and money in the long run. How long do you plan on running the 190s, if it is a long time, like a couple years, I would just get them build with nozzles that are properly sized. Then get the m rebuild and up-sized later.

2003 F250 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Compounds FTW!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't really want to get into my build plans to much yet lists just say I can't go with the bigger injectors yet because almost 400cc of fuel would not be good without the huge turbos I have planned

2004.5 Mods: CTS, Lots Of Gauges, 7 inch Stack, ARP Studs, Tuned by Eric, SAP Diesel Full Fuel System, WEP Ported Intake Manifold, Mechman Alt, BPD 6 Phase Ficm, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Oil Bypass, Warren 350cc conventionals, SAP Diesel/Warren Diesel Twin Pump Kit, SAP Diesel Triple Turbos and SAP Diesel Trans in Progress.

www.sapdiesel.com

post #7 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

I'm gonna pm you bud.

2003 F250 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Compounds FTW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode