EGR Delete Questions? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Spend the money on a good delete. Also, be aware that being an 06 truck there is a chance that your check engine light will come on if you don't have an SCT tuner with custom tune to shut EGR system off. First timer will take a good 6 hours to do delete.
That being said who makes a good delete these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RCD has a good one.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM

I have kind of been out of touch, back when i was up to date FCDP was the one to go with . Is the RCD similar?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersnyper694788 View Post
I have kind of been out of touch, back when i was up to date FCDP was the one to go with . Is the RCD similar?
FCDP welds the port closed where the EGR valve goes into the intake as well as eliminates the EGR cooler. The RCD delete just deletes the cooler and gives you a cover plate to install in place of the valve if you want. I just left the valve in place so it has the stock appearance.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Sinister is also good, mine is a knock off brand identical to sinister's. It's not too bad a job to do, soak turbo bolts, and up pipe bolts with either wd40 or your favorite lubricant to break the bolts loose, a member on here posted a cool home brew for 50% automatic transmission fluid, and 50% acetone in a spray bottle. It beat wd40 in a test measuring break away torque required to loosen a bolt. Just a thought. I didn't spray nothin on mine, and they came right out.

I'd also say that you should look into a coolant filter, and a switch to elc coolant (rotella ultra elc). I did all that as the same time as my egr delete. You flush it all out with restore, and restore plus as directed, and then tons I'd distilled water, then add elc. I have the sinister coolant filter kit. It was like $130 bucks or so, and helps prevent future oil cooler issues. The general concensus is that ford gold coolant breaks down over the high heat of the eve cooler, and in turn leaves deposits in the oil cooler that can clog it, leading to high temp differences between oil and coolant. If I'm repeating stuff you already know, i appologize, but it could well save you time and money down the road.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
FCDP welds the port closed where the EGR valve goes into the intake as well as eliminates the EGR cooler. The RCD delete just deletes the cooler and gives you a cover plate to install in place of the valve if you want. I just left the valve in place so it has the stock appearance.

When I did my EGR delete I put the cover plate on, but I'm thinking of putting the EGR valve back in and plugging in the connector just to avoid any PCM issues. Is there any reason not to do this?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf12908 View Post
[/B]

When I did my EGR delete I put the cover plate on, but I'm thinking of putting the EGR valve back in and plugging in the connector just to avoid any PCM issues. Is there any reason not to do this?
I left it in because I didn't want the valve just laying in the engine bay plugged in or just have a plug hanging in the middle of no where.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM

Im thinking about doing the EGR Delete myself this weekend, and at the time I dont have an tuner. If I dont have an tuner at this time is all that will happen with out the tuner is an thrown check engine light?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Mod Newbie

It might but it won't hurt anything. Leave the valve itself in place or at least in the engine bay plugged in because having it unplugged can cause cooling fan issues also.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Ight Cool, so all I'd have to worry about is the check engine light, and also will I need to replace any gaskets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.