Is my air dog fp150 hooked up right? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is my air dog fp150 hooked up right?

ok, so im still a little new here to the diesel world as i just bought a 2005 f250 6.0 with 96k miles. has ARP studs, intake,egr delete,blue spring, sinister collent syste, 6.5" lift, sct custom tuned..ect. anyways, it has the airdog fp150 installed. Now, as some of u may have seen, i posted a few days ago about a fuel leak from a "mystery" line which turns out to be a old return line that is no longer needed so why its still there, i have no idea. I was talking to my buddy (travisH3) about my airdog and he says that the air dog is supposed to replace the high pressure fuel pump... is this true? my stock high pressure fuel pump is still hooked up and fully functional. any info on this would be much help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

the airdog 150 is just a low pressure pusher pump that pulls fuel from the tank and feeds the stock high pressure pump. It is what I have on my truck. The airdog 165 replaces the stock pump but is completely different.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM

^^^x2 I have the same setup I also had a fuel leak there just don't top it all the way off when you fill it up or pinch over the old return with a hose clamp that's what I did kinda ghetto but it looks like the new kits come with a quick disconnect plug for that line.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 AM

Ya i shoved a fat bolt in the line that was leaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.