Non VGT Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Non VGT Help

How well will a Industrial injection 62/71/70 run with stock injectors with the mods in my signature? I will not be running a diverter valve and it will be a stoc collector to t4 flange adapter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM

That charger is a t3 flange, every single industrial charger I've driven in a 6.0 has sucked with the gated housing, it never worked right. Of all the chargers the 62/71 ran far better than the 62/65. Is the .70 housing gated internally or non gated? Is it used or new? If its used i'd pass, depending what the deal is.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM

Good catch Greg I meant t3. I'll find out for sure tonight but I am almost positive it is not gated. I just can't pass the deal up.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought industrial gated all of their 6.0 chargers but I am not sure. Idk why this one would be though, that turbine wheel is plenty big. I think spool up would be a little slow with stock injectors. More info would be good.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Ive driven a 62/71/.70 open non gated charger on a stock injector truck, that thing was freakin awesome with matts tunes.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM

Let me know what kind of info you need and I will get if for you tonight. I have never dealt with a non vgt swap on a 6.0 before.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
Ive driven a 62/71/.70 open non gated charger on a stock injector truck, that thing was freakin awesome with matts tunes.
God to hear Greg. That is what I am looking for. First hand experience. Vivian does all my tuning so I do not have any worries there. the only thing I am worried about as far as tuning is that I DD with a full on track tune with early lockup and I am not sure how early lockup will affect the non VGT since it lets me drive around at alot lower RPMs.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
I'll take you word for it. It seems like everyone I talk to that has ran a 71/.70 turbine side really liked it, whether it was with a 62,64, or 66 compressor
Old 11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
God to hear Greg. That is what I am looking for. First hand experience. Vivian does all my tuning so I do not have any worries there. the only thing I am worried about as far as tuning is that I DD with a full on track tune with early lockup and I am not sure how early lockup will affect the non VGT since it lets me drive around at alot lower RPMs.
Tuning can take care of that, especially if you ask to have the shift points raised, so the truck won't shift into overdrive until say 55-60mph
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM

I'm hoping to not need to do that. I love that the Rick locks the converter early because I noticed a big mileage gain when I started running this tune and it pulls hard also. So far I have ran other aftermarket vgt turbos and never had to have the tune adjusted for them, just ran stock turbo tuning even towing 16k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.