batmowheel in stock turbo with stock injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
batmowheel in stock turbo with stock injectors?

ok fellas, so i just bought my '05 6.0 f250. has MANY upgrades including being bulletproofed. anyways, i was thinking about doing the batmowheel or wicked wheel. i dont really use my truck for pulling, mainly just my everyday drive. i have a stock turbo with stock injectors. what do u guys think? what should i expect to see if i do this? here are the current upgrades....
ARP studs
K&N intake (soon to be AFE)
sinister collent system filter
air dog fp150 w/ 1/2" fuel lines
SCT tuned w/ custom tunes by inovation diesel
6.5" rough country lift w/ dual stabilizers
20" rockstars on 35s
4" MBRP to a 6" stack
autometer pillar gauges
traction bars
im sure im forgeting something....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's a NICE looking truck man. I REALLY like it. To answer your question, I wouldn't spend the money on a batmowheel for a stock turbo. It won't give you any performance that would justify the cost from what I have seen. I think you would be MUCH happier if you went with something like a MTW Stage 1. I know those turbos get preached a lot around here but I truely believe in them and that they will work good for you. Are you looking to go bigger in the future with either turbos and/or injectors??
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

goals for the truck?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Doesn't really matter. You can't use the Batmowheel in an 05 turbo without first machining the compressor housing. It only works in the 03 and early 04 ten blade turbine wheel turbos. For the $400 price tag that the batmowheel carries along with the machining costs it's not going to prove cost effective for any performance gains. If your looking for a budget turbo that will give you massive gains for the amount of money you are spending (basically best bang for your buck) you can't go wrong with the MTW Stage 1.

And if you need anything such as monitor or anything else for your 6.0 let me know. I'll get you hooked up!

Bryan @ Stealth Automotive

P.S: Nice ride and
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks guys! As for future parts. Injectors, tyrbo and built tranny are my plans but its gonna be awhile. My goals arent bothong special.. juat waba get up to speed quick when i need to lol. And as for moniters, i was told a edge cts woupd be best. I have trans temp, egt and boost in ny pillar right now. Anyhing else i would need?
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Let me know if you need a monitor I can get you set up. If your looking for more performance out of a turbo I would recommend the MTW Hybrid then. It is a little monster and at a great price would work perfectly for your goals.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you have future plans for bigger injectors and turbo the MTW stage 1 is an even better option as Adrian does the turbo trade in program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.