MTW(mad turbo werks) FREE y-pipe mod - Page 10 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been running a modded Y-pipe for over a year. When everyone else was chasing non-vgt turbos listening to other ideas paid off. I'm sure if you dig around the boards you will find some old posts about this idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
I've been running a modded Y-pipe for over a year. When everyone else was chasing non-vgt turbos listening to other ideas paid off. I'm sure if you dig around the boards you will find some old posts about this idea.
I never saw a thread on this mod, but I'm sure that I couldn't have been the only one to think of this mod. I took y pipe off and looked at it and thought I would try to mod the air flow on a stock y pipe. If some did done the same mod I don't want to take any credit away from them. I thought of it on my own and did it and shared it, never looked to see if there was any old threads or post for this same mod. I know you could go out and buy y pipe that are modded but this is a neat cheap trick that gets results. In the mean time dig away and see if anyone can find this same mod, I would like to see who had this idea before, and see if it was the same or different. Might be other ways out there that might be easier or better.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

It is just basic hot rodding Adrian. I doesn't matter who thought of it first, I'm sure your posting the info has brought it to the attention of folks who otherwise hadn't known about it. Like I said on the phone when you first told me, I was talking with WLDHRSE the day before about doing the exact same thing. Anyway I think the "Mad Mod" has a nice ring to it. Mine came out real nice by the way.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
It is just basic hot rodding Adrian. I doesn't matter who thought of it first, I'm sure your posting the info has brought it to the attention of folks who otherwise hadn't known about it. Like I said on the phone when you first told me, I was talking with WLDHRSE the day before about doing the exact same thing. Anyway I think the "Mad Mod" has a nice ring to it. Mine came out real nice by the way.
Glad to hear it worked out for you, now if the guy building you a stage 4 would get busy and build you one you'll be set.
As far as posting mod just didn't want to think I was coping and tring to take credit. I want anyone with ideas for mods to come on and post away, only makes the 6.0's better.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM
N.S.D.Q.

The posts were by Wekiwa back in 2006 on The Diesel Garage.....you know him I'm sure.
His posts were about exhaust mods in particular having the parts ceramic coated. A fella posting up as Stuckinmud showed the mod in those posts.

OEM:

Modded:

I'd have to check if I have pics of mine but I had Stuckinmud mod a pipe for me. It does exactly what it looks like it does smooths out the flow to feed the turbo proper.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:52 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Adventures in 6.0 exhaust mods part 1--long but detailed - TheDieselGarage.com
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Adventures in 6.0 exhaust mods part #2 - TheDieselGarage.com
Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
The posts were by Wekiwa back in 2006 on The Diesel Garage.....you know him I'm sure.
His posts were about exhaust mods in particular having the parts ceramic coated. A fella posting up as Stuckinmud showed the mod in those posts.

OEM:

Modded:

I'd have to check if I have pics of mine but I had Stuckinmud mod a pipe for me. It does exactly what it looks like it does smooths out the flow to feed the turbo proper.
I have no doubt that the mod works and what the y pipe mod that you have a picture of is a different way of doing the mod, and involved. I was thinking of same mod then I thought why weld a piece in when I can just fill the void with weld and then port the inside. The mod that I was sharing is just that simple, fill in void and port the inside. The pictures I took are hard to see what I did, but the ones that JUGERNAUT has on his thread are much better, of course he took it one step further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.