Probably my head gaskets and i'm a dummy. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Probably my head gaskets and i'm a dummy.

So I've been around on here and do a lot of reading so I come now with my dilemma. I bought my truck back in february of this year and promptly got the egr deleted while purchasing a ScT tuner. The tune the tech put on my truck was extremely terrible and while on the way home is blew coolant so I called him. He said the tuned 6.0's do that and to not worry it would work itself out. So I topped it off and drove with this horrid tune til I came here and got the non-studded srl from Matt. Truck drove like a champ but still puked so I did more reading and found out about the degas bottle level so I stopped filling it up and it stopped puking but my degas bottle was always empty. I monitored the temps and my truck never oil temp never goes over 180 degrees unless it's super hot out. Eventually I started refilling it again and obviously it would puke some. I've driven the truck like this since Feb. and I just now have the money to stud and stuff but i'm worried I've driven on bad gaskets for months and something else might show up. I can say there's no coolant in the oil or vice versa, no steady white smoke just a slight puff at start-up, no coolant smell in the exhaust just pure sexy diesel. But I read about bubbles in the degas which I have, at idle with the heat wide open I get a burp about every 12 seconds or so didn't watch it super long tho. I'm getting studs asap but what other surprises might arise?could the delete have been faulty or misinstalled? Thanks for yal's time and knowledge.

Last edited by SySx; 11-13-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 AM

I would find a new mechanic ASAP tunes 6.0's don't just puke
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where are you located.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
I would find a new mechanic ASAP tunes 6.0's don't just puke
I know they don't but in hindsight my degas was overfilled at the time but I know what you mean, it wasn't a great explanation haha.

I'm in Hampton, Va.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SySx View Post
I know they don't but in hindsight my degas was overfilled at the time but I know what you mean, it wasn't a great explanation haha.

I'm in Hampton, Va.
I'm in Norfolk, what shop was this at, and who's putting the studs in?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead2012 View Post
I'm in Norfolk, what shop was this at, and who's putting the studs in?
Pretty sure my truck is going to Twisted for the studs and stuff, I already had bought the stuff so I hope they will just install them, not sure tho haha.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They dont like using ARP, they say they're faulty and cause problems, i kinda call bs. Arp's are fine, we build a few hundred 6.0's a year with them. Not a sales pitch, we don't work on em in the truck, just build the longblocks, and do all the machine work.

Twisted is ok, I can't bad mouth them, they've bought motors from us before, I had em do a contribution test on mine to figure out which injectors were bad a couple months back. They build a great transmission for these trucks, I guess they do ok work on the motors, I don't know. Also might want to call tidewater fleet repair, very knowledgeable, great work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.