Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FICM Harness

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Term3 
#1 ·
This may be a dumb idea.
Why hasn't anyone made a kit to remotely mount the Ficm?

#2 ·
I don't think that's a dumb idea. What's a REAL dumb idea is mounting a critical circuit board to the top of a hot, vibrating motor. If someone put together a relocating kit I would buy it in a second.

#4 ·
Ficm Repair states at first they thought the issues were external heat and vibration

but then they are thinking it's just the demand of turning 12 volts into 48 ,, and sometimes with less than 12 volts ,, it's just the internal heat cycles they believe are causing the solder failures

this relocation question comes up every once in a while ,, it was mentioned that the Eseries is mounted somewhere else

#8 ·
If i'm not mistaken I thought the e series vans had the ficm mounted in the fender well. Again i'm not positive on this but if its true you could just swap harness's and relocate it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#11 ·
Believe it or not I’m working on one right now. I bought new male ends and bought an old FICM from a junk yard for the FICM side. I have about a 4 foot lead and am currently trying to solder the wires to the little wire things in the plugs. I have about 28 hours into it now and it’s a “FPITA”. I’m working on my third test lead Every time I think of a better idea for it to work; I have start on a new one. If you’re wondering why 4 foot long, I’m making it long enough to reach the other if I can find a spot for the FICM to fit. Once I find a spot that will fit I’ll make a lead to fit. Dont know if it will work but its giving me something to do while im under cancer treatment.

#12 ·
To make room on the passenger side of my truck I took a used high pressure aluminum gas cylinder and mounted it on my frame to use as my vacuum canister.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#15 ·
That would make the most sense and there is usually a nice big hole there already that just needs to be be uncovered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.