Xcal 3 stolen, now what? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Xcal 3 stolen, now what?

I've got a bit of a problem, my truck got broken into over the weekend, and somebody made off with my xcal3.... The problem is, i had just put in one of the free spartan tunes (which worked great btw). I'm assuming i'm going to have to go to the dealer and have them update the flash/return it to stock, so that i can order a new livewire ts with custom tunes, or is there a better way to do this? I had the vxcf4 strategy before. Any insight on this situation would be great, thanks! Damn thieves!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did you save a copy of the Stock file on your computer when you uploaded the Spartan tunes onto your SCT?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 AM

Unfortunately i don't believe that i did. Or if i did, I can't find it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
To be more exact it would have been after you uploaded the tune on the truck and the SCT memorized the stock file. THEN you have to plug it back into the comp and save the stock file. Does that sound familiar?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Unfortunately that doesn't sound familiar, i knew the procedure to do it, as i had done it for my mustang, but i don't recall doing it for the truck after i loaded the tune into it. I now just realized they stole the owner's manual that had the keyless entry code written on it too. So i get to change the module and have all my keys and remote start reprogrammed as well...

This is becoming a huge headache, although it sound as though my car insurance may cover some of these costs under comprehensive. Since the programmer was VIN locked to the truck they said they would probably consider it part of the vehice, which means they'll also pay to have it returned to stock from the dealership, minus deductible of course.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry to hear about this I hope you get it resolved soon keep us posted
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That sucks man, sorry to hear this. If you need a new programmer let me know we can get you hooked up. Also SCT might be able to send you a stock file for your new programmer ( I know it wouldn't be the fastest fix ) but they can definitely send you a stock file for your truck to get you back on the road so long as you have a programmer to load it with. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Bryan @ Stealth Automotive
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
That sucks man, sorry to hear this. If you need a new programmer let me know we can get you hooked up. Also SCT might be able to send you a stock file for your new programmer ( I know it wouldn't be the fastest fix ) but they can definitely send you a stock file for your truck to get you back on the road so long as you have a programmer to load it with. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Bryan @ Stealth Automotive
Thanks to everybody for their help and suggestions, i may take you up on getting a new sct, right now it's not a rush situation as the truck runs perfectly fine on the aggressive street economy spartan tune, but i wanted to get newer custom tunes in the very near future. Anyways... I heard back from the insurance company, and they're not going to cover anything basically, they said because it runs off vehicle power it's not considered a personal belonging that would be covered under my homeowner's policy, and since it's not permanently affixed to the vehicle it's not covered under comprehensive, so i essentially am SOL. So as it sits right now i have to order a new security module to change the code, have the keys and remote start reprogrammed, and start shopping for a new sct, although i'll be getting the new livewire instead of the xcal 3 for monitoring purposes as well. Once again, damn thieves!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

Maybe whoever stole the programmer will bring it back like they did my garage door opener when my blazer was stolen in high school. We reprogrammed the garage door opener and the next day found the opener in the driveway crushed. It was useless when they found it wouldn't work. Maybe those tards will bring it back to you when they find they can't use it. Hope that gets resolved.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Just figured i would put an update on here, the insurance company is going to pay to have the truck flashed back to stock (updated to whatever the newest strategy is), will pay for the programmer, owner's manual, and they said to get an estimate of labor costs to install the new programmer. Even though i'm doing the "install" myself, the adjuster said to get the estimate to help cover the deductible, she also gave the go ahead to replace the xcal3 with a new livewire. It still sucks having stuff ripped off, and i'm still going to be out the 500 for the deductible, but at least i'm going to get a little something back out of this it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.