bulletproof kit from MKM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
bulletproof kit from MKM

I bought the bulletproof kit from MKM with the sct sf3 tuner to go along with my edge cts. The kit has egr delete, oem gaskets, i'm ditching the oil cooler that came with it and purchased a bulletproof diesel oil cooler and and also bought stage 2 injectors might as well replace them now the truck has 94,000 miles on it now. Cab is coming off monday at the shop and it will take me te better part of a week to finish because I need to work to make the money to pay for it lol. Anyone else running this kit? Likes and dislikes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Whose injectors are you running? And did you get the full BulletProofDiesel oil cooler kit or just a new OEM oil cooler sold by BPD? What are you doing with the oil cooler that came in the sinister kit?

Personally I don't care for the egr delete kit from sinister as mine has leaked twice in less than 2 years needing replaced. But that's just me. What size are the "stage 2" injectors? In the 6.0 we don't call injectors stage x we call them by their size e.g; 155/30 which is a 155cc injector with nozzles that flow 30% more fuel than stock nozzles do.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought BPD had proprietary rights to their products and weren't letting other companies sell them. Has that changed?? I have a Sinister EGR delete Bryan. Did you purchase a different brand or you still running that one? Where was it leaking?

I'm thinking he'd referring to bullet proof kit as what others have thought...that by simply deleting the EGR that it is considered "bullet proof." One of the guys who works for me said the same thing to me and I corrected him so maybe that's what the OP thought/meant. Anyways, before you install that new oil cooler, make sure you flush the piss out of the system or you could potentially destroy the new one.

Last edited by onebadcoastie; 11-04-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Whose injectors are you running? And did you get the full BulletProofDiesel oil cooler kit or just a new OEM oil cooler sold by BPD? What are you doing with the oil cooler that came in the sinister kit?

Personally I don't care for the egr delete kit from sinister as mine has leaked twice in less than 2 years needing replaced. But that's just me. What size are the "stage 2" injectors? In the 6.0 we don't call injectors stage x we call them by their size e.g; 155/30 which is a 155cc injector with nozzles that flow 30% more fuel than stock nozzles do.
I bought the bpd oil cooler kit from bpd not just the oem one. i'm installing the oem that came with the kit on our service truck. Sorry i calssify the injectors by horsepower over stock that why i said stage two but they are industrial injector 190cc or 80 over stock. they came from xtremediesel it will be the second set i ran in my trucks as i ran them in my last 6.0
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
I thought BPD had proprietary rights to their products and weren't letting other companies sell them. Has that changed?? I have a Sinister EGR delete Bryan. Did you purchase a different brand or you still running that one? Where was it leaking?

I'm thinking he'd referring to bullet proof kit as what others have thought...that by simply deleting the EGR that it is considered "bullet proof." One of the guys who works for me said the same thing to me and I corrected him so maybe that's what the OP thought/meant. Anyways, before you install that new oil cooler, make sure you flush the piss out of the system or you could potentially destroy the new one.
No i realize by simply deleting the egr it doesn't make it bulletproof, this is my 3rd go round with the 6.0. i'm work out the truck and tow everyday almost so im building it to last thats why i installed the swaps 58v ficm and an external oil filter system. not building a 700 horsepower monster but building to make it last thats why i went with the bpd oil cooler kit
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Serving Our Country!

Makes sense, it's just how you conveyed that threw us off. You said you had purchased the BPD kit from MKM and you can't get them from them so I wasn't sure what you meant. Either way, that's awesome!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Shack I am currently running the same kit. The first time I ran it the actual stainless steel tube that plugs into the intake manifold was cracked and leaking. So after fighting Brian from MKM for a week he finally agreed to send one out for free since it was still under warranty (but only after agreeing to give my CC info to them so if I didn't send the old one back they could charge me full price for the new one). Then the second go around this is what happened.

This is how I fixed it for the time being. If and when it does fail again I am pretty much stuck repairing it again unless I buy a BPD egr cooler and install it as I have the BPD oil cooler kit that I'm going to be installing and I won't be able to use IPR's Gen 2 EGR delete kit with it.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

So the problem was the cheap blue hose??
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

The second time around yes. The first time the actual delete tube was cracked and leaking around the weld.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Makes sense, it's just how you conveyed that threw us off. You said you had purchased the BPD kit from MKM and you can't get them from them so I wasn't sure what you meant. Either way, that's awesome!!
Sorry about the confusion on how I worded it. I meant I wasnt using the oil cooler from mkm but bought bpd's oil cooler kit lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.