MTW Hybrid - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW Hybrid

Well I received my Hybrid last Thursday afternoon and had it installed over the weekend. I have put around 200 miles on the truck this week already and all I can say is WOW! Right from the beginning I could tell a huge difference. I am running a stock 05 king ranch with the Hybrid and egr delete and 4" Turbo back. Not studded (yet). My SCT is on the way and I can't wait to see what this thing is really going to do when some custom tunes get wrote for it. Hardly any lag whatsoever, builds a lot more boost and spools very fast. I am very satisfied so far and it just seems to get better and better the more I drive it! You are the man Adrian!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good deal man. Glad to hear you're having good luck with the turbo.

EDIT: I forgot to add. Welcome to the .ORG man. Let us know if we can help. There is a lot of knowledge here and A LOT of GREAT folks.

Do you tow at all much?? I ask because we are starting to hear GREAT things about the Hybrid now and this is on stock tuning. I was wondering if you would be able to hook up to a load and see how the truck does with turbo/throttle response, EGTs, pulling power, etc. Of course I should ask, do you have gauges?? If not I would HIGHLY recommend an Edge CTS with Pyro.

Anyways again, welcome.

Last edited by windrunner408; 10-31-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Welcoming Committee
Old 10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables02 View Post
Well I received my Hybrid last Thursday afternoon and had it installed over the weekend. I have put around 200 miles on the truck this week already and all I can say is WOW! Right from the beginning I could tell a huge difference. I am running a stock 05 king ranch with the Hybrid and egr delete and 4" Turbo back. Not studded (yet). My SCT is on the way and I can't wait to see what this thing is really going to do when some custom tunes get wrote for it. Hardly any lag whatsoever, builds a lot more boost and spools very fast. I am very satisfied so far and it just seems to get better and better the more I drive it! You are the man Adrian!
Very good, Glad you are happy with it.

Very one else, his turbo does have the newest mod on turbine section. The mod seems to really help the hybrid so it can run on a factory tune. It also builds boost extremely fast and cuts on lag time. Back pressure is also reduced, so it is a win win. The hybrid is a awsome turbo even in first form but now it is even better, just when guys thought it was a flop, it has raisen for the depth of just alright to hot dam.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's awesome! I can't wait to get mine back on my truck and go beat up on some Cumm-aparts!! How's your mileage on stock tuning with the hybrid? Any change at all, better, worse?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

I don't to in any way insinuate that Adrian's mod that he does to the Hybrid and above turbos isn't helping as it most definitely should, but the report made by ford_cummings83 (real name Joe), was without the mod. I only say this because I think Adrian has a great turbo here with the Hybrid (with or without the mod he is now doing) and I am excited to see what it is capable of. I think it somehow got a bad rap off the start because there were problems with the customers' trucks that were being overlooked and prematurely blamed on the turbo being at fault. I know more testing should have been done before he released it but I think we are going to see better results here soon, with the advances in tuning.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not just that Nate but also false initial numbers being tossed around with stock sticks and stock charger. That alone was very detrimental to the publicity of the hybrid. I think Adrian has done an extensive amount of research and is the best turbo builder for the 6.0 around. That said op glad to hear your happy with your new turbo, welcome to the org and enjoy the MAD TURBO TRAIN RIDE!!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I don't to in any way insinuate that Adrian's mod that he does to the Hybrid and above turbos isn't helping as it most definitely should, but the report made by ford_cummings83 (real name Joe), was without the mod. I only say this because I think Adrian has a great turbo here with the Hybrid (with or without the mod he is now doing) and I am excited to see what it is capable of. I think it somehow got a bad rap off the start because there were problems with the customers' trucks that were being overlooked and prematurely blamed on the turbo being at fault. I know more testing should have been done before he released it but I think we are going to see better results here soon, with the advances in tuning.
I call bs on that nate. Initial rep was deserved. Did not get modded for nothing. Dont cover the past. Improve and move on. If the mod works that is great but. I for one will not take this post as a home run. He doesnt even know the potential of his truck with just a tuner and for some reason his first mod is the hybrid?????????? Lets see some of the original buyer chime in. Kind of sucks hearing of some one with the new and improved when some of us have been waiting for 2 months for this to work the way it should.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subscribed
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

My bad Nate I thought it was a modded one. As far the orginal buyers go there was alot of bad on turbo but most of them have sorted out the problems and it wasn't the turbo. I'm not saying that it couldn't be turbo issue but with some of the others it was their trucks, whether bad fuel pumps, bad tune, or bad injectors. I know still have issues and I will still try to help you out. The intercooler you told me about, you won't see that big of a difference. Exhaust on the other hand you will, something like steed will lower you egts and give you the response you want. As far the hybrid goes Matt should be running his truck and trying to get DIRTY STROKE to run at dyno too. As number start to come in people will see that the hybrid is a great little turbo.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondajb View Post
I call bs on that nate. Initial rep was deserved. Did not get modded for nothing. Dont cover the past. Improve and move on. If the mod works that is great but. I for one will not take this post as a home run. He doesnt even know the potential of his truck with just a tuner and for some reason his first mod is the hybrid?????????? Lets see some of the original buyer chime in. Kind of sucks hearing of some one with the new and improved when some of us have been waiting for 2 months for this to work the way it should.
Ok Aaron, so how should the turbo work since you are the expert here?? I'm not covering the past. I can tell you that the Hybrid has a compressor wheel in it that is both lighter and has larger blades in it to grab more air than the Stage 2 does, furthermore compressor housing size has little to no impact on the airflow potential of the wheel. So with those two facts in place, this turbo has no choice but to spool quicker than the Stage 2 and at worst should be only nominally slower than the stock turbo (fancy way of saying that the user wont be able to notice). Now we can argue about this all day because I wasn't there to experience your truck first hand. Neither was I able to verify the setup of the motor or anything else for that matter (not calling you a liar or anything just saying that there are A LOT of variables that have to be considered here). Lastly, the mod that Adrian does was NOT required to get adequate performance from his turbos. I made over 600hp with a stock turbo tune, which means that the turbo naturally produced 44psi of boost because the back pressure was kept within the range that the ECM liked and this was without the mod. The mod was simply done to get just a LITTLE bit more performance out of the turbo to get all that is available. Bottom line here is that folks are in deed having good experiences with the Hybrid and that is all that matters. Like I said, I can't explain why you experienced what you did, but I know that this turbo has the potential for greatness just as much as my truck has the potential for 600+hp. So call BS all you want and think what you will, but just as you think the first rep was deserved, I think it is important that the rep I made was also deserved. For all I know, you could have been expecting more from the turbo than was possible. Also, you are being worked with to get you a turbo that will meet your expectations, which is more than you can say about any other turbo seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.