Edge Juice on 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Juice on 6.0

I installed the Edge Juice with Attitude monitor last night and was not impressed with the power and shifting. I called tech support and they told me the transmission isn't putting the power to the ground untill it recalibrates through up to 400 miles of driving. This makes sense as I have seen calibration procedures for other tuners out there. I was just wondering if any of you guys can tell me how long it took your tranny to play nice and am I going to be getting wheel while grabbing 2nd gear soon.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

i was wondering too

i have the edge evolution set on extreme, it is suppose to add something like 100 horses but i didnt even notice anything really... it still felt like stock... any one else have that problem... its very dissappointing.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've sold a few banks six gun tuners to people who have been dissapointed with Edge as well... I have also heard some people who have been very happy... With the banks 6-gun you start at low setting and go from 0-60 3 times @ WOT then cruise at 30 go WOT until 60 is reached and do this up to the power setting you want.... it helps the trans relearn the power faster, after it is installed you dont have to repeat this cycle,then any future setting changes it will usually take about 25 miles for the trans to work mostly normal. sometimes with power setting down it may shift harder...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:34 AM

yeah it shifts pretty good in the lower settings. I'll try to run through the cal this weekend and see what happens. It's not really the shifts that bother me so much, I just really can't feel a huge amount of power so I'm wondering if the TC is not locking up also. I think I'm still gonna end up going with Banks eventually. Once I can afford the the six gun and PDA that is.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
The power pda is niiiice. That's what instigated edge's Attitude A2 moniter.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Serving Our Country!

Im in the same boat as scotty, i feel the firmer shifting just no power, i was hoping to get some power from that evolution
Old 10-28-2005, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
shove edge's products over the.....edge...

Back when I was still running a superchip on my 7.3 I bought Edge's EZ ICP box. I was told I could stack it on and gain even more horsepower. Oddly enough the opposite happened! I had my buddy's g-tech in my truck and did some 0-60s before and after the install. My times increased by almost 2 seconds each time and I quickly removed it and called edge. They gave me some reason about it starving the engine of oil or something like that. I was lost, so I sent it back. It was a $325 waste....So needless to say I won't be buying edge stuff anytime soon...i'll stick with my TS chip
Old 10-29-2005, 06:47 AM

I had the superchip before the edge and I noticed last night that boost on the SC would max out as I press the go pedal smoothly without downshifting around 2500rpm and up. The edge just isn't maxing out that boost guage. Also the edge the tach sticks to the top end so I really don't think the torque converter is is transfering the power very well. I'm thinking about loading the lowest setting with the superchip for the tranny program and stacking the edge (not max setting) to see if it will run harder. I wish I had some damn patience and went with the Banks from the get go. The superchips tuner is pretty sweet for the price and if I end up being dissapointed with the Banks I think I'm gonna cry.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 AM

I have a 04 6.0L and currently run a edge juice w/A2 monitor.It took about 500 miles to shift like I wanted it to. But currently I stacked an Evolution on my truck and run it in the transmission mode. You can change all your shift points and pressures. It is awesome. My truck is a dually crew cab 4x4 and weighs 8750 lbs and I can make it hook and smoke cars and it will roast the tires til you stop.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

From what I hear, the Edge EZ for the 7.3 was always lame. I hear nothing but good things about all their other stuff though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.