Anyone Running Gillett Fuel Spring? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone Running Gillett Fuel Spring?

Any one run a gillett fuel spring? $20 ain't a bad price. It runs higher PSI than the blue spring kit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ran it for six months then gave it to a buddy that has had it in his truck for over five years with no issues. I noticed that the idle was quieter and on my stock truck at WOT it never dropped below 90 psi. Anyone Running Gillett Fuel Spring?-imageuploadedbyautoguide1351655827.813043.jpg
My fuel gauge with the Gillette spring is the second from the bottom.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt
Do a quick search for Gillette in the 6.0 section and you will soon read about the spring being detrimental to our trucks. Your best bet would be get the "blue spring" upgrade direct from Tousley Ford. You could use your local dealership, but Tousley is typically the cheapest around even with shipping.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I did search. I did not find one post with some one using the gillett spring caused the o-ring in the injectors blow out or any problems. The few people that have actually used them had no problems.

Every body that said that the PSI is too high has no experience using the gillett spring.

I'm looking for some one that has ran one in their truck and not some one that says they run too high of PSI but never used them
Old 10-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Bump To Pass!!

I ran one with No issues. Switched to the blue spring because I read all the warnings on too high of pressure, and then switched to an AD2. I have a Gillette spring in the garage I ordered for a buddy and then he totaled his truck. Pm me your address and I'll send it to you.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dog View Post
I did search. I did not find one post with some one using the gillett spring caused the o-ring in the injectors blow out or any problems. The few people that have actually used them had no problems.

Every body that said that the PSI is too high has no experience using the gillett spring.

I'm looking for some one that has ran one in their truck and not some one that says they run too high of PSI but never used them
I've never used one and you make an excellent point about your query but I'll say this and take it for what it's worth; my brand new casted cylinder heads straight from Clearwater Cylinder Heads (Odessa) are only tested to 85psi. That means they could fail above that. Will they? IDK. People say the fuel pressures are too high and rarely give an example other than injector o-ring failure but you have to consider what your fuel pressure capabilities are with your cylinder heads. A $20 spring could wind up causing $1,700 in cylinder heads. Not to mention an extra $30 for tried and tested Blue Spring from Tousley isn't unreasonable. Just some food for thought and my $0.02.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt
Quote:

Apparently you didn't search hard enough. However, since you want to act like a jack a$$ then by all means run the spring.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

I run on on my truck with no issues so for. I actually make this spring for Gillette diesel.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Premium Member

Quote:

I ran one for a few years. In fact, it was so cheap, I bought two and put one in my friend's 6.0 (still in his truck, too). The ONLY reason that I took mine out was to see what the buzz was about the blue spring. If I wasn't so tired of wrenching on that lifted beast, I'd put the Gillette spring back in.

Aside from the 95+ at idle, I didn't see any difference. Unlike Term3, mine would drop to low 60s~mid 50s at WFO. Not saying he's wrong, but mine had been in for a couple of years before putting a PSI gauge in.

Further, I agree that there are plenty out there only parroting what they have heard about the Gillette spring (as well as other "out of the ordinary" parts/processes) without actually having used/tried it. Your obligation is to do your own research and make a decision from there. Trust me, in most forums, different is wrong. As you have seen, calling out for experience not theory gets you hate mail.

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone
Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Premium Member

Higher pressure will do nothing for you, you will loose performance from it.

Read this thread

Regulated return turn fuel psi down::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.