well i now know what a bad turbo sound like. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i now know what a bad turbo sound like.

My 2003 turbo has shaft play every which way possible right know and howls like a banshee. Happened this morning start up no problem came out of my community and made this horrible noise like my torque converter went.pulled over and turned around went back to the house started it tonite when I got home took it for a 5 mile spin truck built 11 psi boost but sounded horrible. Stepped on the gas and i did not want to shift in to second in tow mode. Stopped put it in first and stepped on the brakes and back tires broke loose guess tranny good got home pulled the intake and found shaft play from hell damn. anybody have any good turbo places to order from. Need it up soon or shipped out to rebuild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ship it to mas turbo werks. You can't go wrong with the mad man
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM

ya I just sent he a PM hopefully he responds don't know if I want a stage 2 hybrid been reading everybody problem with them on the truck learning. I do tow a 10 K trailer about 1200 miles through the mountains about 4 to 6 times a year here in washington state and it the wifes backup when i'm deployed to afghanistan.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Stage 2's are back ordered right now. We offer the best trade up policy in the business. I'm running a Hybrid on my personal truck and have been doing a lot of the tuning work with Vivian at Quick Tricks and Eric at IDP. The Hybrid makes power. I've ran the Stage 1, Stage 1 Billet, Stage 2 and Hybrid on my truck. The Hybrid is very competitive with the Stage 2 on stock injectors and much less money and wait time. I'm currently running IDP's Extreme X tune and am very happy, but Vivian actually has a Hybrid in her possession so she should have a Hybrid live tune any time now. I do recommend a mild FICM tune with anything larger than the Stage 1. It's not necessary, but helps to spool the larger turbo on stock injectors, JMO. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

You can also visit our website @ MadTurbWerks.com
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It all depends on what he is looking for. I agree with Matt. The Hybrid is real close to a Stage 2 but I think for the OPs uses, the Stage 1 is going to be more in line with what he is looking for. Either way though, he can't really go wrong IMO. Just might need some tuning tweaked and he should be good to go.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 AM

ok boys what i'm looking at is to tow a trailer since i'm in the military we move every three years so what I want is relability in my truck. no real horsepower goals. I do plan on doing 155 injectors from warren and a atlas 40 tune for my ficm so right know i'm looking more into the stage 1probally with a billet wheel unless you guys think a stage two will pull through the mountains good and still keep or improve my egt's. I also read some guys are having problems with them but between adrian and nate they all seem to work out the problem so no concern there and it is a 2003 all the problems have been on 05 and up I do beleive because of the straegy files let me know guys I'll be calling adrian and nate today sometime need my baby back up and running its salmon and elk season in Washington state got to love the rain
Old 10-30-2012, 06:11 PM

and know the wife said I must keep the whistle it makes. A woman after my heart man I hope when I send it to MTW the whistle is still there. Just got to find time to pull it and send it in to be made into a stage 1
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 AM

ok its decided sending the turbo to MTW for them to build into a stage 1 getting my ficm loaded with a atlas 40 tune got to figure out who to send it to and i'm taking my intake manifold off and cutting the back section a 03 that crosses over on it off man I hate that thing it always gets in the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.