64mm Durmax compress housing??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
64mm Durmax compress housing???

Will the duramax compressor housing bolt on to a stock powerstroke turbo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM

The way understand it since adrian or mtw has done this. You have to cut the backing plate of the compressor out and turn in like 190 degrees and weld it back in for it to line up right. Then it has to be perfectly flat or the wheel will rub. Shouldnt be to hard if your a machinist.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasivore View Post
Will the duramax compressor housing bolt on to a stock powerstroke turbo?
Yes the full duramax compressor housing will bolt to a powerstroke compressor housing. However, you will not be able to get the outlet on the compressor housing to line up to the same position of the powerstroke housing without extensive modification. What you can do though is what JJ at Dozer's Diesel does. He just gets it close by rotating to "roughly" where it should be and uses a longer silicone boost boot to connect the hot side CAC pipe to the turbo. I truely think you're better off buying a MTW Stage 1 that is 100% drop in for the little difference in money you're talking about.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM

I agree with windrunner the time and effort it would take to make the turbo work wouldnt be worth it compaired to buying a stage 1. Plus if you dont get the modifacations right then you will have to find another backing plate and after messing a couple of those up you probly could have bought a stage 1 and saved alot of time.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

Hope you are as proud of your self as Dozers for stealing an idea if you do go this wrought. I think is kind of funny you would even openly ask how to duplicate Adrians work. I know he has moved past the durastroke but out of respect I don't think it should be replicated. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondajb View Post
Hope you are as proud of your self as Dozers for stealing an idea if you do go this wrought. I think is kind of funny you would even openly ask how to duplicate Adrians work. I know he has moved past the durastroke but out of respect I don't think it should be replicated. Just my 2 cents.
Well since I don't know who the hell Adrian is, how am I stealing his work. Sorry i didn't run a patent search before posting a question I can mail you box of tissues if you would like! and it's spelled route, not wrought

Last edited by Invasivore; 10-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by licenced2burn View Post
I agree with windrunner the time and effort it would take to make the turbo work wouldnt be worth it compaired to buying a stage 1. Plus if you dont get the modifacations right then you will have to find another backing plate and after messing a couple of those up you probly could have bought a stage 1 and saved alot of time.

Yeah, i think I will just save up for a MTW hybrid or stage 2 when i get studs.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasivore View Post
Well since I don't know who the hell Adrian is, how am I stealing his work. Sorry i didn't run a patent search before posting a question I can mail you box of tissues if you would like!
I developed the durastroke and started MTW(mad turbo werks), As stated by windrunner408 Dozers is doing some what of a mod. You can do the mod that Dozer does with adding extra silicon tubing, that how I tested the turbo when I had the idea. But the silicon hose would pop off due to the misalignment, that's when I started clocking the backing plate and machining to get the right alignment. Then I moved on to the stage 1 I have now that is fully drop in, intake snout and all. Don't be offended about the comment of stealing, I have alot of guys that respect what I have done and the customer service I give, which I appreciate. I also don't have a problem with anyone doing the mod the way I did or with silicon hoses, I have since modded the turbine section to make the turbos run better than the orginal Durastroke. If you can find a duramax turbo for cheap I and would feel comfortable in working on your own turbo then do it. For info LLY is 63.5mm/88mm and the lbz is 62.7mm/88mm.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM

yeah, i will probably just buy a hybrid or stage 2 from you when the time comes. If it was a bolt on swap i might have tried it, but not looking to get into major surgery.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 AM

BTW, do your turbos have ETT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.