Livewire TS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Livewire TS

Just got it in today and sadly it didn't come with any instructions. Im hearing alot about saving the OEM file before tuning the truck and just curious on how to do that before I start playing around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

The first time you load a tune it will save the stock tune on the device, so you can return back to stock at any time.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How To Save Your Stock File With An SCT

I just did mine last night. that link is for the regular sct that most people still have. My ts showed up yesterday, basically, go to the sct website, sctflash.com and look under support or something, and click on updates. Then find the 5015 ts, click on it and then download the software, and drivers. Then plug your tuner in and you can transfer tunes to and from your device with the software, make sure you save your stock file on the computer somewhere you can find it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead2012 View Post
How To Save Your Stock File With An SCT

I just did mine last night. that link is for the regular sct that most people still have. My ts showed up yesterday, basically, go to the sct website, sctflash.com and look under support or something, and click on updates. Then find the 5015 ts, click on it and then download the software, and drivers. Then plug your tuner in and you can transfer tunes to and from your device with the software, make sure you save your stock file on the computer somewhere you can find it.
Im using the SCT Device Updater and it keeps giving me the message File Failed then SCT Flash Failed whenever I click on the Get Stock File from Device button. What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Premium Member

did you download the right version? make sure you didnt download the software for the old livewire.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcclurg28 View Post
Im using the SCT Device Updater and it keeps giving me the message File Failed then SCT Flash Failed whenever I click on the Get Stock File from Device button. What am I doing wrong?
I assune youve loaded a tune onto your truck, and therefor should have a copy of your stock tune on the ts. If It doesnt transfer it, id say wrong download maybe, drivers maybe, or maybe you need to call sct. I think theyre still workin some bugs out.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Y'all need a TS manual? Here ya go.

RC

Livewire TS User Guide

Introduction:
- This guide will provide a brief overview of how to use the Livewire TS device. Please be sure you have the Livewire TS with the vehicle before continuing.

Loading a Pre-Loaded Tune

1. Connect the Livewire TS to your vehicle’s OBD II service port and power on the device by pressing down on the power button in the upper right hand corner of the device as you are looking at the screen.

2. Start with the unit powered on and connected to the vehicle press the “Program Vehicle” button on the screen.

3. Next you will be prompted with a “Street Use Notice” which you must agree to and approve to being tuning. If you approve and agree press the “Continue” button on the screen to proceed.

4. Depending on your device settings you may be prompted to “Turn Key On”. If so, please turn the ignition key to the “On” position but do not start the vehicle.

5. A screen will appear asking you to select your vehicle. Please touch the menu listing that contains your vehicle.

6. Next you will be prompted to adjust options. These options are items available from SCT to make minor adjustments to the calibration being loaded. It is not necessary to make adjustments in this area. If you wish to make an adjustment, simply press the option you would like to change and the screen will change to display the available values for that option. When you are satisfied with the values of these options or if you do not wish to change them simply touch “Approve”.

7. You will now be prompted with a screen to review your vehicle and options (if any selected). Press “Continue” on this screen to proceed through the tuning process.
8. The next screen, possibly two, will differ between vehicles. You will be prompted to “Turn key OFF” and/or “Turn key ON”. It is important here to follow the prompts from the device.
9. Livewire TS will now Upload the current file in your vehicle, referred to as the “Stock file”, and proceed to download the new calibration you have selected with all options applied if you have selected any.

10. After this is complete the device will display a “Download Complete” screen. You can now turn the key to the off position. For GM vehicles you may see a “Power Down ECU” screen while the vehicle completes some power down procedures.
11. You have now successfully tuned your vehicle!

Returning to Stock

1. Start with the unit powered on and connected to the vehicle press the “Program Vehicle” button on the screen.

2. Next you will be prompted with a “Street Use Notice” which you must agree to and approve to being the Return to Stock procedure. If you approve and agree press the “Return Stock” button on the screen to proceed.

3. A verification screen will now be displayed confirming your selection to return to the stock tune. Simply touch “Continue” here to confirm.
4. Depending on your device settings you may be prompted to “Turn Key On”. If so, please turn the ignition key to the “On” position but do not start the vehicle.

5. The next screen, possibly two, will differ between vehicles. You will be prompted to “Turn key OFF” and/or “Turn key ON”. It is important here to follow the prompts from the device.
6. Livewire TS will now load the original file saved from when you tuned the vehicle (“Stock file”) back into the vehicle.
7. After this is complete the device will display a “Download Complete” screen. You can now turn the key to the off position. For GM vehicles you may see a “Power Down ECU” screen while the vehicle completes some power down procedures.
8. You have now successfully returned your vehicle to the “Stock file”!

Loading a Custom Tune

1. Start with the unit powered on and connected to the vehicle press the “Program Vehicle” button on the screen.

2. Next you will be prompted with a “Street Use Notice” which you must agree to and approve to being tuning. If you approve and agree press the “Continue” button on the screen to proceed.

3. Depending on your device settings you may be prompted to “Turn Key On”. If so, please turn the ignition key to the “On” position but do not start the vehicle.

4. A screen will appear asking you to select your vehicle. Please scroll down until you see the area “Available Custom Tunes” and touch the menu listing that contains the custom tune you would like to load.

5. If your custom tuning dealer has provided User Adjustable Options you will be prompted to adjust options. If they have not, please proceed to step 6. These options are items available from the SCT Custom Tuning Dealer to make minor adjustments to the calibration being loaded. It is not necessary to make adjustments in this area. If you wish to make an adjustment, simply press the option you would like to change and the screen will change to display the available values for that option. When you are satisfied with the values of these options or if you do not wish to change them simply touch “Approve”.

6. You will now be prompted with a screen to review your vehicle and options (if any selected). Press “Continue” on this screen to proceed through the tuning process.
7. The next screen, possibly two, will differ between vehicles. You will be prompted to “Turn key OFF” and/or “Turn key ON”. It is important here to follow the prompts from the device.
8. Livewire TS will now Upload the current file in your vehicle, referred to as the “Stock file”, and proceed to download the new calibration you have selected with all options applied if you have selected any.

9. After this is complete the device will display a “Download Complete” screen. You can now turn the key to the off position. For GM vehicles you may see a “Power Down ECU” screen while the vehicle completes some power down procedures.
10. You have now successfully tuned your vehicle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.