tuners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tuners

i have a 2005 f250 and my cousin has a 7.3 f350. he has a superchip and i do not want to buy a tuner only to use a very low power tune (i do not have head studs so i am not doing anything extreme). would his tuner work in my truck? i mean i assume i will have to download a different tune files.
i am also planning on adding a afe stage 2 intake, strait pipe, and egr delete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would get an SCT with the custom tunes from the great tuners here on the board. But I would only do that AFTER I got a monitor to make sure that the motor is in good shape. There is no point polishing a turd. Dont add power until you know the vitals of the motor are ok. My truck is not studded and I run Looney from Vivian@quicktricks
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsgotaford View Post
i have a 2005 f250 and my cousin has a 7.3 f350. he has a superchip and i do not want to buy a tuner only to use a very low power tune (i do not have head studs so i am not doing anything extreme). would his tuner work in my truck? i mean i assume i will have to download a different tune files.
i am also planning on adding a afe stage 2 intake, strait pipe, and egr delete
No, a 7.3 programmer will not work on a 6.0.

I still have OEM head bolts and have used IDP Extreme Race tune. Although I don't hit the loud pedal below 188/191 ECT.

Monitoring your EOT/ECT should be done before upgrading. Trust me, doing an EGR cooler delete then going back to swap an oil cooler SUCKS!

Yeah, only going to use lower tunes. LOL! How many times have we heard that one???

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea i was thinking it wouldnt. and i was planning on getting the bully dog watch dog and originally wanted the sct
on average how much would studs cost to get put in
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
we have sct kits here: http://stealth-automotive.com/index....ategory_id=308

my suggestion is the custom tuned sct with edge insight for the monitor
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This is another great all-in-one option for the 6.0L market, we just released them a couple weeks back. We can put up to 4 custom tunes on it at once and it will work as a full monitoring device as well as a scanner and diagnostics tool. Let us know if we can help...

INFINITY-DX Touch Screen 6.0L NOW AVAILABLE (Order today thru Dec. 31st, 2012 and get the introductory price of $549.00) - Programmers - Tuning - 2003.5 - 2007 Powerstroke 6.0 Truck - Ford Powerstroke
Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I recommend going with DP Tunner. I've tried multiple tuners and always end up going back to Jodi's tunes for towing power, safe and reliable, best customer service in the business, and most importantly, way, I mean way, more experience then the rest of the custom tuners out there. Nice to see a rep posting, first time I have seen that. I've got nothing but good things to say, been using DP tunes on last three diesels and ten years.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
I recommend going with DP Tunner. I've tried multiple tuners and always end up going back to Jodi's tunes for towing power, safe and reliable, best customer service in the business, and most importantly, way, I mean way, more experience then the rest of the custom tuners out there. Nice to see a rep posting, first time I have seen that. I've got nothing but good things to say, been using DP tunes on last three diesels and ten years.
You have the baddest 6.4 ive ever seen hands down! and thank you i most likely will use them. i am just waiting on buying head studs and i am not looking at paying a ton of money on a tuner when i am only going to use a very low power one yanno
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

actually i think ill just get that as a christmas present and only run mild tunes since it also has guage pods
Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsgotaford View Post
You have the baddest 6.4 ive ever seen hands down! and thank you i most likely will use them. i am just waiting on buying head studs and i am not looking at paying a ton of money on a tuner when i am only going to use a very low power one yanno
He's got a 6.0 with the '08 front end conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, 7.3, f250, tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.