SCT w/ Outlook - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT w/ Outlook

Whats up guys,

I own a 04 F250 that has a Triple Dog w/ Outlook

I've read a lot of threads about how much better SCT is compared to Bully Dog. I'm semi convinced that i'm going to get the SCT w/ a custom tune soon. Before i do this though, i have a question that i need answered. i know that the outlook monitor and SCT tuner are compatible. I've even seen a few people on here using this set up, but what i haven't found out is this.....If u use the Outlook with the SCT, will i still have all my menu options, and "on the fly" adjustment capabilities. I mean thats the sole purpose i got the outlook combo in the first place, so i didn't have to turn the truck off everytime i wanted to change my tune. If i cant use the outlook to select which SCT tune i want, i might as well just go with a triple gage pod.

to the guys who have the SCT w/ Outlook....is there any issues with this setup? Anything you would have done differently?

i posted this on another site, but havent got much feedback.

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM

i don't think you'll be able to change tunes on the with sct and outlook. but you will be able to use the outlook for gauges without a problem
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

I don't have any experience with the Outlook combo, but I do have a SCT Xcal2. The SCT tunes can't be changed on the fly no matter what you are using. The only way something like that would work would be if you just had a tranny tune with the SCT and used your Bullydog for power settings. That would be a waste of money in my opinion.

Why does everyone feel that instantaneous shift on the fly tuning is so important? I run an Xtreme Street tune for daily driving and it seems to be the best fuel economy and power combo so far. On occasion I tow a heavy trailer and it literally takes less than 2 minutes to switch from the Xtreme tune to a towing tune. No bid deal.

My power adjustments are made with my right foot and my defueling is also handled by the same foot with a little help from the Quadzilla Commander gauges.

SCT power is amazing and their transmission tuning is flat out awesome as well. Nobody can control your auto tranny and give you firm quick shifts like SCT. I guess the only thing that would keep you from going with SCT would be the no shift on the fly issue. If you can get beyond that, it will be the best money you ever spent on your truck.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM

thank you,

Ive read about the SCT extreme tunes actually having better fuel economy than the others. If this is true, there really is no reason for me to need the "on the fly". The only reason i wanted the on the fly adjustment is so i could swap between tunes for better fuel economy, b/c i assumed by leaving my truck in extreme, i was getting worse gas mileage (which i think the extreme tune actually does). The reason i thought about keeping the monitor, is b/c i already have the gauge pod mounted and painted to match the interior. Also the monitor displays 4 guage readings already, and i really don't want to mess with taking all the wiring and sensors out, only to have to put new ones back in for the triple gauge pillar (however, i think they would look awesome)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The BD Outlook monitor will work great with the SCT. You won't be able to use it to control the power, but you can use it as gauges. The trick is, set it up as if it had a BD programmer. That will allow it to read boost correctly and all the other monitoring will also work fine.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM

thanks for the help guys.

i just have to decide what i want to do now. i'll probably just say screw it, pull everything, and purchase the triple gauge pillar with some autometer gauges. i could probably make a little more money back anyways, by selling the BD tuner and Outlook together.

Ok, theres about to be one more SCT owner.

Last edited by raisemhigh; 10-23-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 PM

ID, i'm sending you a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.