ficm tune issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ficm tune issue

So I finally got my 155 injectors gogo and batmo installed, loaded up a new tune from vivian, and wow did that bring it back to life. Only issue is low fuel pressure at higher rpm's. So I fihure ill pull the ficm tuning untill i get the fass installed and that migh help. Well turns out with the innovative ficm tuner you cant go back to stock. So I ended up reflashing to the performance flash, anyways afterwords start the truck and its missing, so I check the codes and get P0262 injector circuit high cylinder #1 and U0306 software incompatible with ficm,

Do I just need to reflash the ficm back to stock? Or could this have actually caused a problem with the circuitry on cylinder #1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This might be a dumb question, but did you pull the FICM relay before flashing the FICM? The reason I ask is because my PHP Gryphon FICM tuner came with instructions that stated like 100 times to make sure to pull the FICM relay before the flash or you WILL cause damage to your injectors. It specifically list the #1 injector.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
It shouldnt have caused a circuitry problem as long as you pulled the relay when you flashed it.

If its true you cant flash the FICM back to stock with Innovatives tuner that sucks
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 AM

You screwed that injector, youre supposed to pull the ficm relay when flashing the ficm. A local kid did this not long ago.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hmmm i never had to pull my relay when i tuned my FICM from ID a while back. There was never any instructions that said to do so. Truck runs fine. If you bought the tuner...then the stock FICM file should have been stored on it and you should be able to redownload the stock FICM file back onto it. It's the same concept and using a SCT.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Angry

ya i screwed it, there is nothing on the tuner that says to unplug it. Innovative says in the instructions it says to unplug it but I cant find them anymore. And I cant find a way on the tuner to go back to stock like the sct. Maybe ill try get it tonite, and change the injector coil too...
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Hmmm i never had to pull my relay when i tuned my FICM from ID a while back. There was never any instructions that said to do so. Truck runs fine. If you bought the tuner...then the stock FICM file should have been stored on it and you should be able to redownload the stock FICM file back onto it. It's the same concept and using a SCT.
Three people I know of had issues with Erics device, and one with PHP's who didnt want to follow directions that were included. Ford calls to pull the relay when flashing the ficm. Wont ever catch me not doing it.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I've flashed probably 40 trucks at PHP events and Bill has always drilled me to pull the relay. I've heard him say again and again that it'll screw the injectors if you don't. I always pull mine.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
Three people I know of had issues with Erics device, and one with PHP's who didnt want to follow directions that were included. Ford calls to pull the relay when flashing the ficm. Wont ever catch me not doing it.
pizza pig is correct we have to pull ficm relay when ever we flash and the reason is simple. when you flash guess whats on full duty cycle!!! yep the injectors when the relay is in and man do they get hot!!!!!

i had inovatives and also own a php and both say over and over pull relay when flashing!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Premium Member

well lesson learned... I changed out the solenoid on cylinder #1 and shes back in action.... good thing I still had the cores. Casserly was awesome too said he'd ix it for me if i sent it to him free of charge! long haul to ship them back to tennesee from canada though. He just told me to change the solenoid cause they rarely fail under normal conditions. So thats what I did 3hrs and 15 mins and some bloody knuckles later and shes good to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.