Towing w/ 175/30 injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Towing w/ 175/30 injectors

I have recently read that a few members have on order 175/30 injectors. I am considering this same injector in my build which the main purpose of it is to pull my 17k lb 5th @ 6k -10k ft of elevation. It is my belief that once the bugs are tweaked out of the MTW Hybrid that this will be a great combination. I am looking forward to peoples responses with their similar set ups to figure out if this is an achievable combo or if I need to step down to 175/stck or a 155/30.
Thank in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd personally go 155 with some nozzles

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just ordered a set of 175/30's from warren diesel, he said they'd be great for daily driving, I asked him about towing my 5k lb trailer, with a 6k lb bronco on it, he said it would be fine as long as it didn't have a crazy tune on it...I'm stock turbo for now, probably for a while. I'll get you some feedback in the next month or so, remind me if I don't reply back...but I'm sure that someone on here already has real world data to show, rather than mine and jesse's speculations, lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Please post follow up on this. In fact ill prob PM you for phone number if you go this route. My trailer about 18k normal, sometimes much heavier. Always wanted 155s or bigger even, but always been told no. Please keep us updated on how it performs!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 AM

Bondajb, I personally think you'd be fine with 175's and the Hybrid if you wanted to keep an eye on EGT's while towing. But you are going to have to monitor it on inclines. I pulled our 30ft gooseneck with my 1-ton jeep on it from Kentucky back to Alabama and with my 155's and a tow tune I could hold it WOT up hills as long as I wanted and it would never get over 1250 EGT's. I even tried on one hill to see how hot it would get and buried the speedo going up hill and it never got hotter than that.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Premium Member

Still waiting on my ficm to show up to get it running, damn hurricane. Injectors are in, head studs are in. Still gotta install the bpd bypass filter, no limit cac tubes, sb filter, 6.4 banjos and blue spring...should stoo raining today, so hopefully i can get it totally buttoned up, that is if my 58v ficm shows up from Vivian.

On a side note...jetjock, how do you like the oru hydraulic assist? 1700 bucks includes the core charge the website says so 1200 less the core isn't horrible, but really to rebuild and drill/tap a box, couple lines and a ram isn't that much or that hard to source. I'm sure it steers like a dream, but does it still have any road feel at all? These trucks weren't exactly nimble little Mazda miata's as is, but still be nice to have some road feel through the steering wheel. How's the quality of the kit...brackets and all? Probably shoukd have pm'd you but oh well. In a way, this is a towing thread, and towing is relevant to the oru hydro stuff...at a stretch. Lol
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead2012 View Post
Still waiting on my ficm to show up to get it running, damn hurricane. Injectors are in, head studs are in. Still gotta install the bpd bypass filter, no limit cac tubes, sb filter, 6.4 banjos and blue spring...should stoo raining today, so hopefully i can get it totally buttoned up, that is if my 58v ficm shows up from Vivian.

On a side note...jetjock, how do you like the oru hydraulic assist? 1700 bucks includes the core charge the website says so 1200 less the core isn't horrible, but really to rebuild and drill/tap a box, couple lines and a ram isn't that much or that hard to source. I'm sure it steers like a dream, but does it still have any road feel at all? These trucks weren't exactly nimble little Mazda miata's as is, but still be nice to have some road feel through the steering wheel. How's the quality of the kit...brackets and all? Probably shoukd have pm'd you but oh well. In a way, this is a towing thread, and towing is relevant to the oru hydro stuff...at a stretch. Lol
Should have installed a reg return while torn down in prep for those injectors. It is a PITA when truck is assembled.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, i was still researching/learning about that while it was apart. I wish I had too, but oh well. Is there any reason to run the blue spring with a regulated return?

Eventually ill go with an airdog 150 I think, and posibly a sump setup too. I might go with the ae1000 pump as well, but that's big bucks. I'm hoping the 6.4 banjos and blue spring will tide me over till I can get into the whole fuel system. I'll be monitoring fuel pressure for sure. I'm thinking about a 1k-1500 and ill be all done with fuel system for good. All the lines ad up quick. I spoke with Jesse warren about them, he said stock fuel system should be adequate, but barely.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Premium Member

My blue spring had my pressure at 72 psi. With reg return, i set the pressure an the fuel flows through the heads. Solveing the dead head fuel rail problem. Alot better for injectors i believe.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 AM
Premium Member

You still have your fuel bowl and all then, with the blue spring after the regulated return? Did you piece yours together, or buy a kit? I've seen you list about it befire but cant remember where and what you had. I'm sold on doing the regulated return, just a matter of time/money to get it done. I do believe dead heading can cause air pocket issues, but hard to say. I mostly like the idea of being abke to set the fp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.