MAD TURBO WERKS GOES MADDER:::R&D - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MAD TURBO WERKS GOES MADDER:::R&D

Hello members, I have been slowing down alittle to get caught up on orders and trying to get shop ready. In the mean time I have been doing alot of research, and Nate is pushing on me to get more things going.

So what's new, and what might be in store for the MTW company. Well I have alot of ideas coming and standing by, with the money I get, I use for R&D to come out with better turbos and more shockers. I want to continue to shock the diesel world with all kinds of things. Turbos yes I will continue on the 6.0 powerstrokes, others yes, if I can get the supplies I need I will be hitting the 6.4 turbos and even a new 7.3 turbo.

I have some really MAD ideas and will share some with you, now remember these ideas some on paper and other in research. Once they start to get into the development stage I'll update. Now why would I share ideas that I have well some of them are so far out that if someone were to figure what I meant it they would be lucky. I will stay a little foggy about some ideas and hit general things about them.

I have been working on new compressor wheels that should out flow most of the batmowheels, Borg warner and Garrett gt series wheel. The wheels will be going into some of the newer turbos that I have coming out. I'm also working on a way to fit a bigger turbine wheel then I have in the stage 3 and 4, again I will have to get a new developed unison rings made. The new compressor wheels, billet are going to be refitted in the 6.4 turbo and even a 7.3 turbo, and will out flow whats used now. Most of these ideas are about 1 year out or more so the turbo I have now are still going to be great.

I have another idea I have been playing with on a turbine side mod, feedback looks good so far and if it continues I will make it standard on the the turbos, that I build at no extra cost for the customer.

So what's in future for the 6.0, ok I'm developing a new turbo that will out flow the stage 3, I will keep the stage 4, and yes I have been researching a stage 5. The stage 5 will be the biggest VGT turbo made, I have alot of work to do with this one want a size? compressor is going to be about 75mm/102mm and will be capable of huge amount of boost. The stage 3 right now is 67.8mm/94mm a trim of 52, I plan on increasing to a trim of 56, which will increase air flow big time. I will be running that wheel when I get it in the mad truck as a tester, if I can get the wheels made it will be really cost effective.

Bottom line is that I want the turbos to be the best turbos and most powerful, for anything to will want to do for your trucks. I will continue to grow the MTW company as I go along and always continue to provide the best customer service I can. I plan on moving MTW into the future, for everyone weather it's upgrade, towing, performance, and to all out performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Adrain as you already know I'm willing to donate my truck to the cause of Research and Development!!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Premium Member

i love what you are doing for the diesel community and the 6.0 . please keep up the good work soon i plan to be running one of your turbos .
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

now i need you to come over a rewheel the ecoboost turbos
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to extremlx
I'm really glad the Ford camp has you on they're team Adrian! I'm really looking forward to the Stage 2! I almost wish now I would have waited just a little longer to order. LOL I'm wondering if the new exhaust side would do anything for the stage 2?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Is it sad that I can't wait for my turbo to go out so that I can justify buying a MTW turbo??
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't take this lightly when I say it and I'm not trying to be arrogant in any way; but I truely believe that within one year from now, a new horse power record for fuel only and a single turbo (it MAY even make more than a compound setup) for the 6.0 will be set with a MTW turbo. Again I may get slammed for this but so far the paper hasn't lied about any of the calculations made.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

I forgot to mention that I'm working a a project to reduce the VGT turbo vane sticking and should reduce it by 75%, it will be plug and play.

The exhaust mod, vanes ect.. will be a standard for the all the turbos from stage 1 up. I will test it on some stage 1 to see what happens, but for now, I will be doing it stage 1 and above.

I will also figure out a way to upgrade the turbo out there, but I need to work on that.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:56 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Awesome to hear. What if someone gets a turbo before you start changing things for good on them?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I don't take this lightly when I say it and I'm not trying to be arrogant in any way; but I truely believe that within one year from now, a new horse power record for fuel only and a single turbo (it MAY even make more than a compound setup) for the 6.0 will be set with a MTW turbo. Again I may get slammed for this but so far the paper hasn't lied about any of the calculations made.
Not slamming, but just so everyone knows. I believe The highest rwhp single turbo 6.0 fuel only currently is MPD's whitey which over 800, 832 sticks in my mind for some reason. And, I believe highest fuel only 6.0 was set my Matt Moroni at 942 rwhp.

I have to wonder where Elite's new 2.6 puller will land with 400cc injectors...

That is bold statement Nate, but records are made to be broken right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.