tuning and driving a hot truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to extremlx
tuning and driving a hot truck?

Well I have all the truck back together now and now I want to know the ins and outs of driving it . I have tunes from Eric, aggressive tow, street, and extreme street. I also have Chris's SPD. With that said , I have the stage two MTW on the way and will proably be fringe to get up to IDP to tune it on the dyno with Eric.
This thing with the SPD loaded, from a dead stop smokes like freight train on steroids! With so much lag I could walk across the intersection faster than my truck can get across it. I'm use to having the snap of a gas motor how can I get the turbo to spool faster and get the performance to really shine . I know its possible ,but know the tricks of a diesel.
I hear of trucks like Matt's and Nate's and lets not forget the beast that is now called the Mad Truck of Adrian's ! I would love to see these things in action and to see how they act on the street in traffic. Is it possible that lag cut in half. I just don't have the experience yet to know what to tell who ever writes the tunes for me what I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It sounds like you need to have your tuner(s) close the vanes up some. For me, I use my Accelerator Pedal Position PID and watch how much % pedal I have to use to get my truck to keep up with traffic. Some tuners seem to stack their engine power early into the throttle (kind of like a light switch) and others build it more linear. Usually if you tell them what you are seeing and that you dont like it (i.e. in your case it sounds like you need quicker spool up) they can usually get what you're trying to say and make the correction because they have probably dealt with it before.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to extremlx
Thanks for that Nate. And guys anything you could put into this tread I'm sure will help a lot of us diesel illiterate. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.