2006 F350 Stock for now - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F350 Stock for now

Looking at a few different options to start building from. The truck is stock currently but looking at getting an exhaust system and air intake. These are the few things I have found that I like so far can you guys give any options or suggestions on which way to lean?

I am wanting to start building up hope to bulletproof soon and would like to have a decent start for when the bp is completed.

MBRP XP Series

MBRP XP Series T409 Stainless Steel 5" SINGLE

AFE Cold Air Intake
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System Type Si 54-81022
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome, 2006 is a great truck. Won't stay stock for long if your on this forum! I have never found a reason to replace the stock air intake, what is yours? Air to engine is produced by turbo, intake doesn't do much in the way of helping that process, much different process than gas motor. Check out diesel site coolant filter, that would be money much better spent. And get some gauges or a monitor so you can start watching your parameters. Welcome.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Jetjock is right in that the gains are nominal with an aftermarket air intake system and the stock turbo, but there are small gains to be had and you will degrade your filtration slightly and the capacity to hold dirt significantly. However, as long as you don't live in a dusty/dirty environment and really only drive about 12-15k miles a year, you can get away with changing an aftermarket intake filter once a year. I have a S&B and I REALLY like it and bought it because it was $100 less than AFE. AFE is still a good system. Just trying to save you some money. Furthermore, if you do decide to upgrade your turbo to anything over stock, you're gonna want an aftermarket intake filter (I am sure you will be hearing soon that the stock filter is good to 500hp. Blah Blah Blah) to help ease the strain of having the turbo suck so hard. JMO of course.

I really like Magnaflow exhausts as I think they sound REALLY good but the MBRP exhausts are good too and you'll be fine with that.

I have an 06 6.0 and I have had good luck with it so far. I think they are great trucks and I still love driving my truck (even more than my Harley Street Glide).

BTW welcome to the .ORG. Ask away on whatever you're thinking about. I think you'll find A LOT of knowledgeable people on here that can get you sound information and help save you some money if/when you decide to build er up. Take care.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM

I would also look at diamond eye exhaust systems as well. Or if you have a muffler shop in your area with 4" pipe you can buy just the downpipe and over axle piece and possibly save a couple bux.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do u have a monitor yet? I would start their first. For exhaust I got the diamond eye 5" tb...love it. Intake running stock is the way to go up to 500 hp!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Intake running stock is the way to go up to 500 hp!
Like said above, blah blah blah. Lol Airaid or s&b are great set ups and less expensive than afe which is also good.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.