Gonna start buying parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Gonna start buying parts

Ok first who uses, and what to others hear about the IPR remote oil cooler and delete kit. Also with the remote cooler does it affect to cooling of the oil under very heavy loads...like an 18k camper? Also looking to do dummy plugs stc and standpipes while in there because I don't wanna have a no start one day when I'm far away on a trip, where is best place to buy them. I am not going to run a hot tune, it is not my daily driver. I tow my bikes with it and drive it to work a couple times a week. I am only getting a tuner cause of the egr delet to shut of light so when I tow ill run tow tune other than that I'm not looking for horsepower. I know some say to do studs but I have no issues with gaskets and if I don't have to dig in that deep I'm not going to disturb what is working fine in that aspect. I may be buying a toy hauler next year so I'm working on fixing the definite problems. I will be doing all the work in the spring before our semi annual sturgis trip. Thanks in advance for some opinions I will start purchasing in nov dec.
It's a 2006 f350 Harley model with 65 k and a motor build date of 03-06
Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM

If you're towing an 18k lb camper on any type of consistent basis, I strongly encourage you to look into head studs while you're doing the oil cooler. They'll fail at the least convenient time.

I can't comment my experiences with the IPR remote oil cooler because I chose to buy the one from Bulletproof Diesel after comparing the two. Been grinning ever since (meaning I'm very happy with my purchase).
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The IPR remote mount for the oem oil cooler seems to work very well. Make sure you use a oem oil cooler and not the IPR high flow oil cooler. It sacrifices oil cooling for enlarged passages and won't work with you towing. Add IPR's full flow coolant filter just before the oil cooler and you shouldn't have any further issues with the oil cooler clogging. If the oil cooler does fail it becomes an easy job to change it out.

The IPR full flow coolant filter and Gen2 EGR Delete are the best products in their class on the market.

I myself run the Bulletproof Diesel remote oil cooler that completely replaces the oem unit with an air to oil cooler. Since the oil and coolant no longer coexist at any point with the BPD kit there is no way for a cross contamination of oil and cooling system such as can happen when the oem cooler has an internal failure. I no longer ever think about it.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I myself run the Bulletproof Diesel remote oil cooler that completely replaces the oem unit with an air to oil cooler. Since the oil and coolant no longer coexist at any point with the BPD kit there is no way for a cross contamination of oil and cooling system such as can happen when the oem cooler has an internal failure. I no longer ever think about it.
+1. This puts the BPD remote oil cooler in a class by itself IMO. And no coolant filters to clean, it'll never clog, and there's only two new hoses under the hood instead of several new parts. I've also noticed lower coolant temps and if they do go up, they drop more quickly.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the responses so far guys, and snake I agree with you but I won't be towing every weekend few times a year. I will say if money allows I will prob do them but if not then I will wait and if something bad happens well..... I hope it doesn't lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.