MTW at it again:NEW STAGE 1? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW at it again:NEW STAGE 1?

Yes that's right I have been working on a new turbo, it's smaller than stage 1 but should flow about the same as stage 2, how? I can't say, I'm developing the turbo now and should have one ready for testing in a couple of weeks. The measurement of compressor is 62mm/82mm not much bigger than a stock, will it replace the stage 1 no, but the compressor wheel is a new design and the flow of it very impressive. The compressor map actually shows flowing stage 2 flow, I know it sounds crazy and that's why I wanted to try it. Since the compressor is almost the same size as the stocker but it is a billet wheel, it should spool extremely fast and the lag should almost be none. It should work with a factory tune, and tow like a bull. This time I will not be taking orders or offering untill I have all the numbers and testing done. I want to make sure that this turbo is the real deal, and it is what the numbers state it is. If it works out this thing should be a killer, so I will keep guys posted. The Madness can not be contained, and I'm far from being done. I have managed to pissed off alot of shops out there, and some have just gave up. Other shops are trying to get me to become a vendor for them and sell my turbos, I can't do it untill I get a shop and get things squared. Maybe in the future I my have shops carrying the MTW turbos but untill then, I will continue to do what I like to do shock, and shock some more. There are rumors of me building 6.4 turbos, and they are true, I'm researching away to mod the twin stock turbo. Doesn't mean I will stop the 6.0 powerstroke and just like now I have more things in work for the 6.0, but I just love FORD so whatever it takes to make a fast ford is what I want to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM

Thats awsome, but i drive a 7.3. Kinda makes me wanna get a 6.0

Sent from my SCH-I400 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 AM

Hey Adrain, If you need a truck with stock sticks to test that bad boy out give me a shout.. You know how us GPDA boys are about trying to help out....
Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Can we at least say who pushed you to do this and that this is at the very least a team effort here?? I think it will be a pretty sweet turbo. The wheel looks SICK. There might also be a cast wheeled version too??

Sorry Wright, we already have test bed lined up.

Last edited by windrunner408; 10-05-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Sorry Wright, we already have test bed lined up.
I figured he did, but hey, it doesnt hurt to try now does it.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Never hurts to ask man.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 AM

For those wondering ill be testing the turbo. I have the current mods in my signature plus a recently installed custom RR with fuel bowl delete. I also have a w/m setup I'm installing tomorrow for giggles. I will be testing it with my stock injectirs with my current tunes that are wrote for my stock turbo as we are HOPING this turbo won't need any special tuning. I will also be pulling my tunes and seeing how it runs on stock ford programming. Hopefully I am one of the lucky ones as far as my CTS is concerned and it will let me data log it all. For people that are interested in towing I will do what I can to get hooked to some big loads and get some row data on a stock turbo tow tune and factory ford programming. I have been working with a local speed shop and should be able to get the truck on the dyno too just waiting on the shop owner to ok me running the dyno with my stack. I also have plans in the near future after this phase of testing is done to install a set of 175 stock nozzles in and see how the turbo cleans then up. The reason I decided on stock nozzles is they are a great budget injector upgrade that most people can afford and fuel can easily be pulled to tow max GCWR.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Premium Member

The new turbo I looked at alomg time ago but wheel wasn't available so I put it off but had some leads from my turbo source. I have been sahring infomation with Nate and have told him where I get some of most valuable research. Nate loves numbers so he is running with ball, he will ask me about certain turbos and compressors and I will say yeh looked at it no good, or in this case it was if I could get that type of wheel it might worth it. Sometimes number just don't work, so I was going to take the responsibility if it didn't workout but, Nate doesn't care to throw his name on it. If was a successful than he work have got the credit for finding the wheel and pushing on me to get it going. Nate has alot of valuable experience he has gained through the Navy on fuild flow, air flow, and other dynamics. But with that said the number say yes, but still have to make it to find out all part of R and D, and somemore things are starting to show that the hybrid is coming alive, and is a good turbo afterwards.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to extremlx
Wow, This really sounds cool, do you guys think it will make the same power as the Stage 2

Last edited by extremlx; 10-05-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.