Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tuning rant

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  KUGSS 
#1 ·
I have the sct livewire with custom tunes from vivan and gearheads and im not really happy with either. I like the power on both but had both had to redo the tunes, With vivan i was getting a check engine light on with code p1000 witch means nothing. With gear heads my coverter wont stay locked up. If im rolling arond 60mph and step on the peddle on 1/4 to 3/8 of a inch the cinverter unlocks and somtime down shifts. Much like a gas truck. Now i have been a 6.4 with a spartin tune and that converter locks up and stays locked up as well as a 2012 LML duramax. Is it even posiable to have the converter lock up and for the most part stay locked up? I really think if this could happen my MPG would go up. Rant over just had to vent a little.

#2 ·
Yes the converter can be locked and stay locked. Make them rewrite the tune until they do it right. I have never had a trans tune from Matt I was happy with.

#3 ·
Vivian is awesome to deal with, let her know your concerns and she will do her best to get you squared away. I've never dealt with Matt but he has a good rep. Chris at TSD is great to deal with also, he rewrote my SPD tune 4-5 times before we got it acting the way I wanted it to. Sometimes files get corrupted, my SPD caused my high idle to bounce like a rev limiter at 2k rpms before Chris fixed it for me lol. Shoot them an email and let them know whats up, I feel confident they will make it right.

#5 ·
X2 Vivian is great to work with, she will write your custom tune to customize it to you! Just give her the opportunity and she'll do her best to make you happy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#7 ·
Well that just SUCKS!! Did you try calling the shop? Maybe we get grandfathered in for already running his tunes lol. I was going to have him to tweak my SPD shift pressures a little bit. My early lock is great, never had an issue with it unlocking. Vivian is great, I like the Looney Wild, but I liked the SPDs more linear power band and it gets better mpg (only ~1.5 better but it helps lol).

#6 ·
you will get the P1000 with everybody's tuning....no matter who tunes the truck. Every time you disconnect the batteries, install a tune or delete a code...the P1000 will always be stored into the PCM until there has been enough drive cycles for it to go away. It is only a soft code which means that it will not throw a CEL. You're right...it means nothing, But it's not because of an issue with vivians tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.