just pulled out my edge platinum juice. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just pulled out my edge platinum juice.

well I just disconnected the whole thing it is now for sale. I got the edge evo so I can use my sct and still have the gages, I think it will work out alot better. Just installed the evo tonite a heck of alot easier than the platinum, I think I will like this new setup. is there away to use the transmission progam on the evo with an sct tune. Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Are you getting custom tunes with the SCT? The tranny is tuned great by whoever writes them
Old 10-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Ya I got the custom tunes, I just had innovative diesel turn down my street tune thought it was too much, tires always spin when raining. will try it out this weekend. I had the sct for about 6 months but wasnt using for about the last 3 months, thats why I got the evo so I can easily switch tunes and still have gages.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsbigstroker View Post
well I just disconnected the whole thing it is now for sale. I got the edge evo so I can use my sct and still have the gages, I think it will work out alot better. Just installed the evo tonite a heck of alot easier than the platinum, I think I will like this new setup. is there away to use the transmission progam on the evo with an sct tune. Brad
why would you want to ?? the sct has the best tranny control of any of the programmers. as long as you have someone knowledgeable write your files.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsbigstroker View Post
Ya I got the custom tunes, I just had innovative diesel turn down my street tune thought it was too much, tires always spin when raining.
Shoulda bought bigger tires instead. My 35 inch Cooper Discoverer STT's work fine in the rain. Even set on Extreme Street.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 PM

what do you mean by bigger tires I already bought the biggest size I can go without a lift. I got 285/75/R/16 TOYO MTS, thank you very much.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTICSVT View Post
Shoulda bought bigger tires instead. My 35 inch Cooper Discoverer STT's work fine in the rain. Even set on Extreme Street.
glad they work for somebody. i can definitely say i wont buy them again. i've had them for about a month or two now, and i wish i had bought the nitto mud grapplers again instead.

i have a hard time with my 35" cooper STT's even in the DRY trying to get traction. any time i am turning i cannot use any throttle at all, or it breaks loose, and even when accelerating i dont hear any slipping, but usually see black marks in the street behind me where they were breaking free. i've been using 4wd button a lot lately just to save my tires.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvTitan View Post
glad they work for somebody. i can definitely say i wont buy them again. i've had them for about a month or two now, and i wish i had bought the nitto mud grapplers again instead.

i have a hard time with my 35" cooper STT's even in the DRY trying to get traction. any time i am turning i cannot use any throttle at all, or it breaks loose, and even when accelerating i dont hear any slipping, but usually see black marks in the street behind me where they were breaking free. i've been using 4wd button a lot lately just to save my tires.

I've had mine for about 10K miles. No problems here. Seem to be wearing good, don't make much noise, and look good. They don't work for poop off-road, but that's what my Jeep is for. Mine are also mounted on 20 inch wheels. Maybe the added weight of the wheels has something to do with it. Or maybe the tires for the 20 inch wheels are made from a slightly different compound. The only time mine spin is when I plant my foot to the floor. Which I never try in the rain.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Banned

nope, mine are on 20" wheels also. and i am running the 13.5" wide ones, not the 12.5" wide ones. they seem to be wearing well so far, and they are quiet, but they do not hook up worth a damn. it's annoying trying to get somewhere in a hurry since they just dont grip.
i will definitely go back to nitto's next time around. they were a lot louder, yes, but at least i got 30K miles out of them, they hooked up good, and they were amazing off road.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvTitan View Post
nope, mine are on 20" wheels also. and i am running the 13.5" wide ones, not the 12.5" wide ones.
Mine too. I guess different people have different results. Is your's a longbed or shortbed? Crewcab or Extended?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.