Archoil AR9100 Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Archoil AR9100 Review

I just wanted to give a quick review of my experience with the Archoil AR9100 oil additive. I don't normally give reviews on stuff like oil additive, but I was just so impressed with it I fealt like I needed to share my experience with members on the org. A little background on the truck is before I added the Archoil i was having long and rough starts. I always run T6 oil. The truck would have a real bad miss and would run like crap until it got to operating temp. From my research here I came to the conlusion that I was having injector stiction. I figured before I dropped the coin on new injectors I would give Rev-X a try and see if it helped any. Well I was researching the Rev-X and found out that I could get Archoil for A LOT cheaper. I ordered a 16oz bottle of the AR9100 and added it to my oil. At first I did not see any improvement and was kind of dissapointed. After about 2 days of driving to work and back I noticed it was idling a little quiter. Well it has been a week now since I added it and I am amazed. After sitting all night the truck starts like it has new injectors in it. It does not have a miss anymore and runs just as good after first starting as it does at operating temp. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anybody that has sticition issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was having the same issue you were and tried RevX. I pulled the oil filter and dumped it i. Immediately I noticed a difference. After about three weeks the miss has come back, just not as bad. I'll have to give Archoil AR9100 a try on my next oil change.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I started using rev-x 3-4 years ago, then switched to Ar9100 a year or so ago. Both are great additives. Only i switched to Ar9100 was because of price. I never had any issues with injector stiction, but i started using this stuff as preventative maintainance.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

ya I am super impressed with the archoil. I do not see a need to spend the extra money on the rev x
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's all good news about AR9100 working for you.

To date we have not had a complaint, only success stories like yours.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

What is the pri stuff in your sugnature
Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PRI-D & PRI-G are proven fuel additives. Click here for more information and a link to the manufactuer's site.

Link removed for COC violation. Not a Vendor.

I have a personal experience using PRI-G that more than convinces me that it works. I have a 24' tailerable boat with a hardly broken in 250hp Etec outboard. I wasn't able to use my boat for over five years due to health problems. I treated the 118 gals of gas with PRI-G over five years ago.

I wanted to take it out this year but all the experts said to first get rid of that old gas. I ignored their advice and decided to use the old treated 118 gallons of gas. When I started the engine it started before the starter turned a full rotation. We ran it for approx four hours in the bay and in the ocean at idle speed, trolling speed, full speed and in between speeds. We also stopped and started it several times. Not once did the engine hesitate, hiccup, skip, etc. We were amazed!

I have been using the PRI-G in my car, boat, yard tools and toys for some time and have never had a gas problem. I have also been using the PRI-D in my F350, 6.0 diesel with no fuel problems.

I just recently began to carry the Archoil products especially for their AR9100 oil additive but have not tried the AR6200 fuel additive. I'm hard pressed to switch fuel additives because of my and customers success with the PRI products.

Hope this long answer helps answer your questions.

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 09-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 PM

I was just getting ready to start my own review of the Archoil AR9100, so I will just add to this one.

I just added it last weekend, but I noticed an instant improvement!!!
My truck has always started just fine with no issues, but ever since last winter it has been cutting out when I start driving after a cold start, once it gets to operating temp everything is perfect.

I did an oil change on Saturday and added the 16 ounce bottle of AR9100, then I only ran the truck for a couple of minutes to park it on the street. I didn't drive the truck until Monday morning for work, I figured it would take a couple days to notice any difference but was shocked when I first took off down the street because there was no cutting out at all!!!

My truck has been cutting out consistently every day for the last 6 months and now it has not cut out at all after adding the Archoil AR9100.

So it definitely gets a thumbs up from me
Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
I added the 9100 in my last oil change after seeing positive results from Rev-X and I'm a little disappointed. I drove the truck after the change that day for about 50 miles and didn't notice anything different. The next morning and every cold start since then, it rolls to an idle instead of popping to start. Still the same crank time, 1-2 seconds. Warm or cool starts are normal, it pops after a 1-2 second crank. I'll be sending in a blackstone when I'm due for another change and I doubt I'll run the 9100 to see if it does the same thing w/o it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hmmm, well I guess it is different for each person. I am having great results running my AR9100. I plan to keep running it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.