MAD turbo werks: MAD TRUCK BUILD:::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MAD turbo werks: MAD TRUCK BUILD::::

Hello, everyone I'm starting this thread for a couple of reasons, one for members to see what I'm doing and another for so advice from the vendors and members to save time for build. I'm a vendor myself, so the turbos I will be using will be mine, but as far as alot of the other parts they will be by other vendors and shops from here.
I'm not selling or pricing on this thread just basically offering a go as I go build for my "MAD TRUCK". I plan on having dyno numbers, track times, pictures and video of whole thing.

So let's get started, the truck a 2004 f250 ext. cab XLT short bed. Truck as I bought has a 5.5 fabtech lift with 18 rims and 37" tires, also came with traction bars. It's and stock auto transmission, and 4x4, very clean truck with 111000, miles on it.

The mods I have done so far is ARP studs, Egr delete(ebay), 58v ficm, regulated fuel system(dozer's), 175/75 injectors(dozer's),inline high pressure fuel pump and filter,banks intercooler,factory oilcooler upgrade, Sct tuner,water/meth kit and analog gages(old school).Replaced single rear end with a factory limited slip unit, all work was accomplished be me. Pretty much the normal stuff, turbos have been stock to stage1- stage 2, right now no turbo.So that the base, of the truck and that's what I plan the build on.
This build is going to keep going on, and change untill I get to the point that I will stop.

Ok so, here's part 1, turbo will be a stage 3 tweeked just alittle more than the offer for sale.Injectors will stay same for now, have a set of 205/150 coming from Renenaged Diesel in next few weeks for upgrade.

Now, here's where I need input. I want to upgrade fuel system and thinking about a airdog 150, shooting into areo 1000 pump, to regulated fuel system.I also want to upgrade HPOP to diesel site pump and also use their performance oil pressure feed system. I believe that should take care of the fuel system.

A ported intake manifold will be next at same time as HPOP, either my ported 6.0 intake or a special one I will be running and will tell to guys later about it.
Next I will be taking truck to Altanta to get transmission built. After getting truck back it's run a tune to get it to Chris at TSD for a live tune on the stage 3 with the 205/150 injectors.

I plan on dyno numbers and of course track times for this build.I also plan on running this combo for alittle bit, well I wait extra set of heads to be worked on, and plan on contacting RCD for a set of lifters, and pushrods when head comes off and new on goes on.
Thanks ahead of time for all your input and look forward to working with all the vendors I can on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This thread ought to be a good one! Can't wait to see the progress. How did your stage 2 work with the 175/75s? Was it able to clean them up enough?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ill be interrested to see what numbers you put down keep us posted as usual.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:01 PM
MARSOC > Seals

I'd like to see the Stage 3 tweeked to spool just as fast as the Stage 4. But either way... Keep up the great work
Old 09-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_ace View Post
This thread ought to be a good one! Can't wait to see the progress. How did your stage 2 work with the 175/75s? Was it able to clean them up enough?
The stage 2 with cast wheel did pretty good, still had to be defueled alittle. WOT was at 1400 degrees at over 100mph. I think the billet with a turbine section modded would do better.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Adrian, i have the same style fuel system you plan on buiding except i have a fuelab pump instead of the Aeromotive and a FASS instead of an Airdog 150. I love the idea of using a low pressure pusher pump to feed a bigger pump...mine has been working flawlessly for years so far with zero issues. Now as far as the HPOP with the HPODS...Bill does not offer the HPODS(high pressure oil delivery system) for the '03-04 truck...only the '05-07 trucks. This is due to the ICP sensor location and the difference in the high pressure oil rails....it wont work with the '03-04 trucks unless you use the later 05-07 heads.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Adrian, i have the same style fuel system you plan on buiding except i have a fuelab pump instead of the Aeromotive and a FASS instead of an Airdog 150. I love the idea of using a low pressure pusher pump to feed a bigger pump...mine has been working flawlessly for years so far with zero issues. Now as far as the HPOP with the HPODS...Bill does not offer the HPODS(high pressure oil delivery system) for the '03-04 truck...only the '05-07 trucks. This is due to the ICP sensor location and the difference in the high pressure oil rails....it wont work with the '03-04 trucks unless you use the later 05-07 heads.
Yeh, I read that, I have the newer head design, with the icp in the vavle cover and the same as 05-06 oil rails. I guess I have a late 2004, it's a mix of parts, like I have said before these trucks are different in the same year, and different from year to year. Do you know anyone with the high pressure oil feed system? and does it work?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Yeah i've heard of a few running them...just can't remember for the life of me who they were haha.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
The stage 2 with cast wheel did pretty good, still had to be defueled alittle. WOT was at 1400 degrees at over 100mph. I think the billet with a turbine section modded would do better.
I think this is what i'd like to try out with my 190/75's. I think a billet stage 2 with some turbine work will do nicely for me.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think a ported intake manifold would probably help too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.