Hybrid Reviews - Page 66 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Hey didn't you have a leaky exhaust manifold as well when you still had the first gen hybrid? Just asking because if you did and you fixed that I'd be interested to find out what kind of difference you saw with the leak fixed.
I did have leaking exhaust manifolds. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until after I recieved the modded hybrid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Alright guys, I'm still here and until Adrian makes me leave, I'll continue to be here.
I'm not going to take the time to do a multiple quote post, but I will try to address everyone's concern's as well as explain my position on this and other issue's concerning MTW.

I have just had a new baby boy and already had a 32 month old son. My wife and my boys are my number one priority. I also have a full time job running another business. I'm a residential/commercial electrical service technician. This is the job that puts money in the bank and allows me to afford to feed my horsepower addiction. I'm also Vice President of the Georgia PowerStroke Diesel Association and helped Jeff Dodd from Spartan Diesel plan and execute the "Deep South Shootout" dyno day we recently had at Mo's Speed Shop here in Dallas GA. I'm in the middle of collaborating a toy drive to benefit Children's Healthcare of Atlanta as well. I also spent a good amount of time and resources trying to help Adrian get his truck back from the transmission build cluster f*ck and ready for the dyno day (the truck didn't put down as big a number as we wanted, but it was clean and shiny, LOL). I have tried to keep in touch with the MTW customers as much as possible. I've given out my personal cell phone number and welcome calls to discuss any issues anyone is having. I assure you guys that I'm here for you when you need me.

If there is any second rate customer service being handed out, I take full responsibility for that since that is my job here along with tuning. I do apologize and welcome any and all comments on the matter. The only way we fix problems is to bring them out in the open and work out solutions that keeps the customers satisfied. The customers, new and old, are what keeps the doors open at MTW and allows for new and innovative products. You guys are the best resource we have. I want everyone to be happy with their purchase. If I have failed to get back with anyone on any issues, PLEASE pm me and I'll send you my number or if you have my number just give me a call. Again, I am truly sorry for letting you guys down.

As far as not posting any new updates, I really don't have any. I don't have a modded Hybrid or you can bet I'd have you guys some results. I can answer any questions about the first gen Hybrid anyone might have but until I get a modded turbo, I fear that I'm about as useless as tits on a boar hog. Adrian has been busy chasing big numbers in his truck with his new setup and working full time too, and hasn't had a chance to get a modded turbo. I'm to blame here again since I'm in a spot where I don't have a stock turbo to run while I send my Hybrid back for the mod. Again I have to apologize, but I can't justify spending the money on buying a stock turbo just to run while I send my turbo in for the mod when Christmas is on our heels (remember, 2 boys and a wife to make happy on Christmas morning). As soon as I get a modded turbo, I promise that the data will soon follow.

I've actually thought about the whole dyno number for the Hybrid and I've made the conscious decision not to run the truck until I have the modded turbo. I want the best number possible and if the modded version runs better, that's the one I want to dyno. If I get a 465 with the gen 1 I have now, that's the number that will be attached to the turbo. Even if the modded turbo puts down a 485, right alongside the Stage 2, people will remember the first number. I really believe this turbo will be a head turner when it hits the dyno and that's why I'm waiting until I have the modded turbo and have the tuning worked out to insure the biggest number possible is achieved. I don't want to rush in and just throw a number out there. When I take on a project (getting the best number possible), I try to take the time to get the truck running as well as possible before I strap it to a dyno. This means I have to be completely happy with the performance of the truck and completely satisfied with the dyno and operator.

This brings up the issue of the dyno and operator. Bill Cohran of PHP will be the only person to dyno my truck from here on out. No jumping from dyno to dyno and dealing with operators not familiar with dynoing these trucks. Bill has forgotten more about these trucks than most of us would ever wish to know. If you don't know Bill, he is an absolute genius. Open the owners manual of any EDGE product and go to the part about trouble shooting, it literally lists Bill at Power Hungry Performance as the man to call when you have a problem. You know why? Because he wrote the programming for the EDGE stuff. I have a great relationship with him and he has extended an open invitation for me and my club to use his facility to test our trucks. Top notch guy, absolutely TOP NOTCH. My truck will spin his rollers from now on and only his. I trust Bill with my truck and know that his dyno is accurate.

There's also the issue of the arguing that has been going on lately in the public eye concerning MTW. I'm not going to be a part of that. I fell into that trap in the beginning and ended up looking like an azz. By no means am I calling anyone out for anything, nor am I trying to blame my absence on anything or anyone other than myself. I know things get heated and everyone has strong opinions, but civility is key for someone associated with any company trying to make it. I also don't want to get into the game of calling HP numbers before I know what the truck is making. I hate coming up short. I personally am trying to steer clear of this kind of stuff for the good of MTW since Adrian has given me the opportunity to help out with this great company.

I hope everyone understands that I'm still here and I'm still willing to help in any way possible. I hope I've cleared everything up. I believe the possibilities for MTW are endless and I know any issues with the products will be taken care of to the best of our abilities. I'll do my best to keep as many of the MTW posts updated as possible. I apologize if any customers or Adrian feel like I havn't been pulling my weight. I'll do all I can to keep the info coming guys. Thank you all for your patients and understanding.

Last edited by MWilbur516; 11-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 PM

I think you've done a great job at customer service Matt. Especially juggling all the other things you have going on in life. I was just making sure you hadn't given up on the 6.0 j/k man
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
I think you've done a great job at customer service Matt. Especially juggling all the other things you have going on in life. I was just making sure you hadn't given up on the 6.0 j/k man
Thanks. I havn't given up on the 6.0, but I did just pick up a 69' F100 and have plans for some flat black paint, a Cummins 12 valve and a 5 speed.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Premium Member

we need to get you modded. I have a line on just the housing should know tonight. ill see if he has two. if only one ill donate it to you.... I need your base line. welcome back and thank you much for the help and support.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
Thanks. I havn't given up on the 6.0, but I did just pick up a 69' F100 and have plans for some flat black paint, a Cummins 12 valve and a 5 speed.
Shoot yea! Stacked with stacks on stacked tow mirrors
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM

You need to do stacked p pumps on that thing lol
Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Shoot yea! Stacked with stacks on stacked tow mirrors
Ironically, it already has a big set of chrome tow mirrors.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
Ironically, it already has a big set of chrome tow mirrors.
Are they stacked?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM

nnow you just have to figure out how to do stacked stacks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.