sct sf3 update problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sct sf3 update problems

any one have any ideas? here is the problem, trying to update a sf3 as stated - i can update firmware but when i try to update tune files i get an error code half way through , followed the directions on the tech support page for manual update of drivers , still same thing , on the screen of the sf3 when the update stops there is a code at the top that reads r65788d . i thought maybe someone here has had this happen? if not ill wait till next week and call tech support. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a similar issue, but i don't recall what error code I get. In my case I can update firmware, but when I try to load the new canned tunes in to my device it errors out with some kind of driver error and if I try to load my custom tunes to the device the same thing happens. I have tried the old updater version, the old drivers and two different OS (XP and Win 7) and the same thing happens every time, but, like I said I can load main firmware without any problems at all.....weird!!. My X3 SCT is and older version (2008) it holds canned tunes (3) and custom tunes (3) the same as an SF3....if you find out let me know and if figure it out I will do the same.

Thx,

Mario.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why thats odd mine is 08 as well! the error codes on the computer are as follows- system exception - failed to send file. failed to write bulk data.at sct.driversct.sendfile string file byte data. at sct.lwuupdater main dialog. send fu files byte data file info&info idriver&device at sct,lwuupdater main dialog transfer file.
also when i try to reconnect the sf3 after a failure it causes my computer to restart. and it will not do the auto update it just has a big magnifying glass and says identifying device, i even left it to update and went , made and ate my supper an hour and a half later it was still identifying device . i too have tried the old versions with no luck. and yes firmware will update with no issues at all. thanks if i figure it out ill post here for you too
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am pretty sure I get the same exact error, for our devices the auto update does not work, only the later revision tuners auto update. My computer blue screens and crashes (not all the time, just most of the time)also and the error appears to driver related....I really don't understand why, but it could be an incompatibilty issue, maybe the drivers don't get along with our version of firmware. the old drivers along with the older version of the update app. worked fine before when I used it with "Vista Home Premium" but that computer ended up with a bad mother board so I can't try Vista again, that being said I have used the old stuff and can't get it to work. I will like try to get a hold of SCT and see if this gets resolved one way or the other....I will keep you posted.

Mario.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.