Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stacking Abilities

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CumminsKiller115 
#1 ·
I have friend selling a TS MP-8 and I was wondering if I could stack it with my Edge Evolution CS. Can I stack them together? Will it make a difference and will it be worth it? Its a 2003 6.0 Will I hurt anything?

#2 ·
Man I can't help it. This makes me think of "I've got Edge stacked with smarty stacked with EFI Live stacked with stacks and stacks". :hehe: "Did you see my tow mirrors"?? :hehe::rofl:

I have not found the 6.0 to stack well with anything. If it doesnt hurt your motor through the advances in timing, it will most likely still not give any better performance.

I have found "stacking" certain custom SCT ECM tunes with certain FICM tunes doesn't do sh!t with larger injectors.

I say DONT DO IT!!! JMO though.

#3 ·
Short answer, its a very bad idea.

Its hard to tell exactly how the two programmers will interact in the first place. Fueling alone will only add so much power effectively, and you will be pushing cylinder pressures pretty far. Assuming you could get the two to work together.

Second point of interest is the transmission, there is no trans tuning with either tuner, which will be for the better if you did manage this, however the load will surely shorten the life of a transmission that will support 550HP with proper tuning.

Here's the questions I have for you:
-What is it about the Evolutions programming you don't like?

-Why not get the Insight/SCT tuner package that so many here on the ORG have been successful with, and get custom tuning files?

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I figured it was a bad idea and I wanted trusted input from a few members. Nate I spoke with Chad and he said the same thing you did. Ben I appreciate it. "xjeeper" I got me some PHP Tuning :)

#8 ·
Bill will be helping me when I get my turbo from Adrian. I believe I am going to go with a stage 4 :woot::woot: and maybe 300cc/150% injectors :dunno::dunno: we will see what I get back from them and what they say to it.

#10 ·
Yeah :D For some reason I think my fuel mileage might go down a bit haha. BUt on the plus side there isnt a vette or stang around my are that would keep up :evillol::evillol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.