6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hey everyone, new here. I have a 2005 6.0. couple questions.

I have exhaust on it, 4 inch straight turbo back, would 5 inch be any better?

I have had the head studs done. Not the EGR. How long do i have before it usuaully goes bad?

I have a superchip right now, should i look for a new chip?

In the future after all of this is done, what else is good for the 6 litres? I plan on building this truck in the future.

Thanks guys Luke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 PM
The Silent Service

Welcome to the ORG, Luke.

For Exhaust, you have reached the limit of performance out of your exhaust, going to a 5" isn't going to gain anything but the tone.

EGR cooler, is very determined on how you are monitoring the truck, and how you drive it. - More on this in a moment

Superchip, remove from the truck as soon as you can. The only tuner I recommend is the SCT, as its the only one that properly tune the transmission. Also the only one that you can easily get custom files for your truck, and modifications, and power goals.

I recommend you go through the Write Ups in my signature, and see what questions you have.

The only modification you need on the 6.0L, is a monitoring solution. Everything else can be taken care of, as the need arises, but you need to know whats going on first.

Any, questions, let me know.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Welcome. Yes, I second the SCT. If you read threw the threads you will find that the SCT is the cats meow for the Ford Powerstroke. Alot of folks also are putting a coolant filtration system and some switch to a differennt coolant. Also,the blue spring from ford is also another sought after item to help increase fuel pressure and help prolong the life of your injectors. I posted a while back and asked about the top five picks that the readers would do to there trucks...find that post and it has some good ideas for getting a more reliable, lasting 6.0.. Take time to read the Sticky's and you will find out more than you can imagine. Good luck. Post some pics of your ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.