Edge Insight CTS Explained? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Edge Insight CTS Explained?

Still new and learning here, so I've got a bit of a rookie question here. I need some help understanding what the Edge Insight CTS does. I have an SCT X3, so that's taking care of my tuning needs . I do not have any gauges installed though...just running stock. So I want to use an Insight to take care of my engine monitoring needs.

So...what can the Insight tell me on its own? What information can it read?
I've heard there are add ons to the Insight so that it can measure other things like your EGT, etc. What the most valuable/useful "add on" features that it has?

Anyone with experience with these Insights, speak up. I wanna hear what needs to be done with these to make them work great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
The Silent Service

This is a pretty thorough explination of what these Monitors can watch for and the why. I wrote it for the Insight, but have included info and links to other options.

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

For complete 6.0L monitoring I prefer an Insight CS, packaged with EGT probe and Fuel Pressure sender. Best bang-for-the-buck, and cleanest installation.
Any questions, just ask
Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 AM

I love my cts. I purchased the cts and an SCT 3015 w/ custom tunes from Matt @ gearhead. The truck is definitely alive now. I will say 1 thing about monitoring your truck. It will send you into panic mode after seeing some of the readouts. I'm on the hook now for an FICM after seeing my voltage @ 31.0v on startup...
Old 08-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb12405 View Post
I love my cts. I purchased the cts and an SCT 3015 w/ custom tunes from Matt @ gearhead. The truck is definitely alive now. I will say 1 thing about monitoring your truck. It will send you into panic mode after seeing some of the readouts. I'm on the hook now for an FICM after seeing my voltage @ 31.0v on startup...
And that's exactly why we monitor things. So it doesn't cost a FICM AND a new set of injectors to fix it.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I mainly just watch eot ect and egt on mine.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 AM

I love my cts. I have the display for 8 gauges. And i have the expandable probe, not hooked up yet. Definitely worth the money..
Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb12405 View Post
Had the same thing on my truck a month ago. Ficm was at 35v. Was at the same time I was getting my studs done, so it got fixed then. No wonder the injectors weren't getting enough power lol
Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
This is a pretty thorough explination of what these Monitors can watch for and the why. I wrote it for the Insight, but have included info and links to other options.

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

For complete 6.0L monitoring I prefer an Insight CS, packaged with EGT probe and Fuel Pressure sender. Best bang-for-the-buck, and cleanest installation.
Any questions, just ask
Well after reading that post, I'd have to agree about using an Insight with the EGT and Fuel Pressure monitors. I guess the next step is finding a good deal on one, here in Canada lol
Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
Any questions, just ask
I'm curious what you like about the CS over the CTS. I like the smaller size and buttons, not a fan of touch screens. As far as I can tell the only advantage to the CTS other than a larger screen is the camera option.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 AM

Is the CTS an easy install unit? what fixes do you have to perform in case you have a FICM at 31v? I live in Chile and the F350 is really hard to find truck, Ford dealers dont have a clue on working on them, so everything I have to do to it is done by me.
I´m getting a SCTX3 soon and in november maybe the CTS with the pyro and fuel sender (as you say it a good deal). Do I need other analog gauges? turbo boost? Trans temp? coolant temp? or does the CTS have all this?

thanks a lot from Chile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cts, edge, insight, monitor, pyrometer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.