Vivian's Quick Tricks Tunes: Looney vs Looney Wild - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vivian's Quick Tricks Tunes: Looney vs Looney Wild

Anyone out there have experience with both the Looney and Looney Wild tunes from Vivian at Quick Tricks in Florida?
I currently have the Looney and I'm still on stock sized tires (275/70R18).
I'm having 35's installed this Thursday.

Couple questions:
  1. What difference in performance/tuning did you guys notice when moving from the stock 33.2" to 35" tires?
  2. What do you feel as a difference between the Looney and Looney Wild? Shift points? Higher revs? More low end? Less low end? Faster turbo spool? Let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 PM

subscribed... these are the tunes im looking at when I get my heads back
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
by adjusting your revs per mile, you should see close to the same in performance. making the adjustment, will allow the tranny to shift according to the new tire size. you shouldnt notice to much of a difference
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 AM

I have ran both the looney and looney wild and I can tell you there is a noticeable difference in mid and top end on the looney wild over the regular looney. Also when just cruising down the interstate at 70-75mph and rolling into the throttle the looney wild will start pulling like crazy without ever downshifting (unless you stab it) alot harder than the looney does. I noticed about .15-.2 drop in track time when going from stock tires to 35's. Seat of the pants didn't feel much different. These trucks have lots of torque. It's nothing like putting 35's on a 1500 or f150 were you lose all power
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
I have ran both the looney and looney wild and I can tell you there is a noticeable difference in mid and top end on the looney wild over the regular looney. Also when just cruising down the interstate at 70-75mph and rolling into the throttle the looney wild will start pulling like crazy without ever downshifting (unless you stab it) alot harder than the looney does. I noticed about .15-.2 drop in track time when going from stock tires to 35's. Seat of the pants didn't feel much different. These trucks have lots of torque. It's nothing like putting 35's on a 1500 or f150 were you lose all power
Nice. Good to know all of that. Thanks.

I also did about 5 hours of highway driving yesterday (avg 127 km/h or 80 mph) with the Looney tune loaded (because it's the only tune I have right now). I found the mileage was pretty bad...even worse than stock. It was around 16 mpg . When the truck was stock, it was getting 18.2 mpg. Have you experienced the same thing?? I was using cruise, so it wasn't just me flooring it cause it's more fun, lol.

I've emailed Vivian about getting the Street tune for highway driving, but making some changes to it to make it as fuel efficient as possible. I will be making a 500 km drive about 4 times every 2 weeks for the forseeable future fro work (except that'll be around 110 km/h or 70 mph). So it would be great to raise that fuel efficiency as much as possible. Even 20-22 mpg if I can.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM

That's strange I run the Looney Wild on trips because it gets me the best fuel mileage. I am sitting on 35's and running 80-85mph I can still get a hand calculated 18mpg sometimes better depending on if I'm going north into the mountains or south where it's flat.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM

I ran the looney for several months as my DD. Got better mpg than stock. 13-14 mpg stock and around 15.5-17 mpg looney. Switched to looney wild a little while back and it does feel faster on the top end. Also see lower boost numbers when cruising. I get 17ish now. I've never gotten above 17.5 in my truck... I also tow lighter loads with my looney and it does great. I don't run 35s so I can't help you there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chip, program, sct, tune, vivian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.