Tony Wildman and Mad turbo werks:::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tony Wildman and Mad turbo werks::::

First of all the reason for this post is info, and the results so far, I'm sure as the other great tuners get to know these turbos they too will get it down. I can't ignor that fact that Tony has gotten the tune just about perfect on the MAD turbo werks turbos. I'm not saying the other tuners can't get it but, and I'm sure they will get it.
Ok with that said TONY WILDMAN which is not one of the big custom tuners known for the 6.0 powerstroke as gotten the tuning down to just about a perfect to getting the turbos to work and I mean nasty work, not just on stage 1, but stage 2 and stage 3. It is actually night and day differance, in performance. The other tuners may get better gas mileage but we will see as time goes on.Hybrid turbo when finished will be next to see his tune and I'm sure it will have same reaction.
Here's what some of the things I have heard from the guys running his tune, and I hope they get on this thread and talk about it some more. Matt running stage 1 with a batmowheel as said that the response is so wicked and spool so fast that he can drive his truck like it's on ice. He can make back end of truck side out at will, and lag is same as a gas truck. The turbo combo with tune and stock injectors is nuts, and just plain crazy(I perfer MAD).
Nate and stage 3 has told me that the big turbo spools as fast as stock turbo with a tune, and is a real hand full to drive on the street, It drives like a truck with over 600rwhp. Egts are very good also, I will like to get with Tony to see abou a tow tune with this stage 3, the spool and response wiuld be great for a towing. So yes I think that a stage 3 is capable of towing with Tony's tune, and give huge power. Remember Nate is running 190/100 and told me it is alittle light brown haze, so yes stage 3 will clean 190/100 injectors.
I actually I'm very happy that Tony is the tuner that has done it so far, since it par for the course, I was not someone that anyone would have picked and who would have thought that someone like me would be able to build such MAD 6.0 turbo(meaning a aircraft mechanic? and long time gearhead? NO WAY) and now a tuner that was known as a great 7.3 tuner not a 6.0 comes out of no where and hits a home run. Not even with a live tun just through email. Can there be more MADDNESS on this whole thing?
I'm loving it big time and I'm just glad to be part of this, But I could have not have done it without the support of the members on here and the guys that gave me a chance, for that I thank everyone.

Last edited by madpowerstroke; 08-05-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Freaking awesome!! I can't wait for my turbo to take a crap!!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well as Adrian has alluded to and as I have said in my "600hp Build Summary" thread, Tony Wildman's tunes are the best running email tunes that I have been able to load up. It took 5 revisions of the original tune to get it to where the truck would have a nice smooth pedal and not be either a dog, that would cause you to have to floor the pedal to get the truck to move; or a rocket, where as soon as you just touched the pedal (i.e. 8% of accelerator pedal position [APP]) the truck acts like it wants to start peeling out and burning the tires off. This tune has a very nice quick and linear build up of boost. With less than a quarter throttle (~22% APP) I am getting 9-10psi of boost and the truck takes off NICE and strong (faster than most sedans take off around you and in 7200-7500lbs of vehicle). I may see he can take just a pinch more pedal out of the tune so I can get it right at 11psi at this throttle position, as this would allow one to take off even faster; but the downside with doing this is when you need to only use 4-5% pedal to cruise at 45mph, the truck may start loping because it cant figure out if it should idle or go. This tune is also considered a "Mild" tune by Tony, so he is confident that there is even more power to be had. As Adrian said in his post, romping on the throttle in 5th gear, produces a nice dark puff of smoke (hence the 190/100s with a mild FICM tune) for the half second it takes for the turbo to light and throw you back in the seat and off you go with just a haze comparable to a heavy performance tune with stock injectors and stock turbo.

This is MOST encouraging as the email tune is very good and will at least do until I can get a live tune on it.

I should add that I think a ported intake manifold would make a WORLD of difference in spool up with this charger to help it be a towing monster and I plan to get one but I really want to see what I can get with just tuning for now.

Last edited by windrunner408; 08-05-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Premium Member

Contact info for Tony his web site at::: total diesel performance.com
Old 08-05-2012, 04:55 PM
The Silent Service

Subscribing to keep in the loop on how Tony's files go with these turbos.

Glad y'all put a name and contact info with the results listed.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Freaking awesome!! I can't wait for my turbo to take a crap!!

I'm close to selling my ol' gnarley harley just to get one of these turbos!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
Thanks for sharing, as luck would have it I am about 3 hours away from this shop....
Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

I'll tell ya. Tony has been spot on for customer service too. He would send me a tune in the evening, I would run the tune the next day and tell him how everything went then he would send another revision to try that evening. I dont think one can ask for much more than that.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am running out for a milk shake and to find a cummins or two to walk, but I got my tune from Tony, a few days a go and Shew.... it is night and day difference compared to my IDP stock turbo tune(x race). alotta fuel coming through the stock stix. I'd like to work on some of the shifting (shift points and firmness). But I like it a lot, so with some minor tweaking its gonna be completely bad a$$. I'll report back after milk shake. LOL I'll try to get a kill video, even if its another 6.0. sorry Adrian lol
Old 08-05-2012, 07:00 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Just make sure if it's a 6.0 that it's at least tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.