fass titanium fuel pressure rating - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fass titanium fuel pressure rating

I ordered the Fass titanium pump and the fuel rating is 125 gph at 50 psi. Arent these trucks supposed to have around 65 psi, Is this just the advertised flow rate at 50 psi, or is it only capable of 50 psi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
the fass system is a low presure air and water seperator that gose in between the tank and the factory fuel pump, it dose not replace the factory fuel pump. Let me know what you think of it after you get it put in I have been thinking of going this way also....
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Premium Member

They actually have both, they have one that is 150 GPH @ 50 psi and one that is 95 GPH @ 15 psi, the 2nd is the one you are refering too. I think I am actually going to go the route that you are thinking, because I think the one that is prone to fail eliminates the factory pump, hoping to get some more opinions on this. The guy selling the pump says its better to get the high pressure one and eliminate the factory one. But I am only going to be running 155 50's and am after reliability first, performance 2nd.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Serving Our Country!

Borsky, check out this thread; 600hp Truck Build Summary

Talk to this guy and Mitch (PGreenSVT) because both those guys are ridiculously knowledgable with the fuel systems. Mitch had the AD2 (the high pressure pump) go out on him 3 different times. The thread above talks about the fuel system that Nate (windrunner408) did for his 6.0 and he's pushing 600HP. Read it. Query those guys. They are very smart and easy to talk to. They've helped me out.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsky4 View Post
They actually have both, they have one that is 150 GPH @ 50 psi and one that is 95 GPH @ 15 psi, the 2nd is the one you are referring too. I think I am actually going to go the route that you are thinking, because I think the one that is prone to fail eliminates the factory pump, hoping to get some more opinions on this. The guy selling the pump says its better to get the high pressure one and eliminate the factory one. But I am only going to be running 155 50's and am after reliability first, performance 2nd.
Borsky4, I was really thinking of the 125 gpm/50psihttp://www.klmstore.com/fass-t-f13-125g.aspx from my understanding this is considered a low pressure pump for our trucks. If your considering the elimination of the factory fuel pump I would suggest a Aeromotive A1000 or a fuel labs pump. Also the two guys mentioned above are some of the best on the org, reading their stuff has taught me allot... Keep me posted on your progress if you do not mind, not allot of guys running the FASS stuff on the org ....

Last edited by Duncan's KR; 08-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Premium Member

If you click on the link and read the info it says right there thatdue to its higher operating pressure it is meant to bypass the factory pump... IMO just installing the low pressure pump (15psi) and a larger pickup tube to feed the factory pump should help it hold the 65 psi required even with the 155 cc injectors and a hot tune. Not to mention the benifits of the FASS filtering. Not to say you couldn't use this pump to feed the factory pump but whats the point, I think it would be counter intuitive to have two high pressure pumps inline with eachother. The factory pump has proven reliable. I just want a little more flow, and I think charging it with the low pressure pump will provide that. I am just hoping to get someones opinion whos tried it. Also the people who have reliability concerns with the high pressure air dog and FASS only had issues with the HP pumps, and I gather that mostly this occured when used with the stock pick up and lines. Wich makes sense to me because when you are trying to flow more fuel through the same lines its going to put more strain on the pump and i believe thats what causes the failures. I just dont think with my application that it is neccasary to gut my whole system...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
YES, charging the OEM pump with a low pressure high volume pump like the FASS or AD will provide enough flow for 155s. I ran my AD150 with my stock pump and 190/100s and it did just fine for daily driving use. Now I did delete the factory fuel bowl and had the regulator on my RR kit set to 65psi. The lowest pressure I had ever seen was on the WOT runs on the dyno at PHP. The system held 50-52psi. I would say for what you want, an AD100 feeding the stock pump will do everything you want and would be cheaper than the FASS units I see. JMO and hope it helps.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Premium Member

Thanks windrunner, maybe I will go with the airdog as I heard they are quiter too. I'll probly try the stock spring setup and see how she goes. If it holds a safe pressure I'll keep the bowl and spring if not ill install the reg return. What is your opinion on needing a aftermarket tank pickup with this set up?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To my knowledge the AD100 can pull through the factory pickup tube but if you were to look at any other pick up method, I would only look at a sump. I dont think it would be necessary to have one but it definitely wouldnt hurt to have one. Hope this helps.

The low pressure FASS units are just as good as the Airdog units but I really think the AD is more cost effective. Both have shown to be reliable so either way will work. JMO.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The T F13 125G will bypass your factory pump because of the high pressure and the T F11 095G will work in conjunction with your factory pump because of the low pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.