Xtreme tunes question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Xtreme tunes question

I'm new to the diesel world and received my sct tuner earlier in the week! I promptly was ordering two tunes from innovative! I received the xtreme street and xtreme x files. I was amazed by the immediate service from them and pleasant to deal with.
So now to my next questions
On the xtreme x file when I punch it off the line I can literally count to three watch the boost build to 17 and it then launchs. It almost feels like a line lock is on.
But it does not break the tires free and during that 3 seconds you cannot see anything behind me from the huge plum building.
It is fun through all the gears but is this launch normal?

On the street tune it does not have as much of a delayed launch. And smokes less, but if I blip or roll the throttle at all it smokes out the road as well.

Stock file did not hesitate from taking off the line. It did smoke if I operated the throttle the same as above.

Is there something possibly wrong on my end? Eric has written to me and is going to work out next week. But I want to make sure it is nothing on my end before he goes through any unessisary efforts.

I have checked all boots, load tested the vehicle in the driveway and felt the y pipes, no bsoot on the fire wall.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm pretty sure it is something wrong with the tune if you have no leaks. Do you have any guages/monitor??
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 PM

I run the Extreme Street. Truck has zero hesitation and will blister the tires. I cannot stop it from a dead stop, I have to roll out on it get to around 10 mph before I put her down. If just half throttle or a little more driving around town just playin a bit it has a puff of smoke if any. It only rolls smoke when I have it floored and when it gets into second gear, the smoke dies out. Love the tune!! my stock tune had the worst throttle delay I ever seen...weird how two trucks are so different..gotta love a ford..LOL!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM

stomp it from a dead stop*
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I'm pretty sure it is something wrong with the tune if you have no leaks. Do you have any guages/monitor??

Full set of gauges, what do you suggest checking or watching?

The truck seriously sits there while it spools up and then launches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.